HIKVision POS Integration

bosstec

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I need a solution with a barcode scanner, that will stamp a recording.

NVR: HIKVision DS-7716NI-I4 with firmware 3.4.80 build 160718
This combination (NVR and firmware) have the POS functionality.

My idear is to use the Honeywell 3310G barcode scanner with USB connection, and hope that the reading from the scanner get into the POS registration. The reading should list on the overlay on the selected camera.
After that, it should be possible to search for recording with the barcode value.

I have found some documentation about the POS here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/76 77 96 NI-I/V3.4.80 build160718 English+Multi-lingual/

My problem is to understand how to get the signal from the scanner (with USB connection) into the NVR POS.
I can choose [USB -> RS232] as my port for the scanner and I can program the scanner to emulate RS232 over the USB.
I can also set the start line tag and stop line tag in the settings of the NVR, but I don't get any reading in.

Does anyone of you know how to handle this POS functionality of HIK NVRs ?

Any help or sugestions are welcome.

Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can choose [USB -> RS232] as my port for the scanner and I can program the scanner to emulate RS232 over the USB.
Just guessing here - because it's not clear on the release note - but could it be Scanner USB --> USB to Serial convertor --> NVR RS232 port?
Support 6 ways to access to POS: RS-232, USB->RS-232, TCPConnection, UDP Connection, Multicast, Sniff.

bosstec

n3wb
Reaction score
Could be. I was thinking the same.
But the scanner also do real RS232 signals and I will try to connect it that way.
I will post the result. In the mean time - all suggestions are welcome :)