Hikvision NVR with Cantonk Cams issues

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont know what debate was worse this post or the presidential one? Please just delete this post ill eventually figure it out without everyone getting butthurt...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, you win on this one. I can't beat this statement: "folks who have no technical experience have setup blue Iris.."
YES - because its FACT. There are many of threads here that prove it. Though more to the point, folks how dont know anything about blue iris or NVR's have an EASY time using the blue iris mobile app. The hikvision app? forget it, what a pain in the ass...almost impossible to use effectively review video unless you got tome on your hands.
You are deliberately misleading about blue iris. The hikvsion nvr and mobile app are a mess.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know what debate was worse this post or the presidential one? Please just delete this post ill eventually figure it out without everyone getting butthurt...
Its not really up to you. If you cant handle it, there are other dead forums where you can post your questions. This passive agressive "please delete this post" crap is not going to get you anywhere.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it so hard to ask a question and get some help from fellow users? Does egos need to be involved to have a pissing match on who has the better opinion in a post that isn't relevant? Or am i missing something?

Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be sans that i bought "crap"?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@rmw85 Will you post screenshots of your settings under the Camera Management page on the web interface? (Select the channel then click "modify") (http://screencast.com/t/TKyflJnV) How do you have the cameras connected? Are they plugged into the NVRs built in POE switch or on a separate POE switch?

Also, feel free to call our tech department directly Mon-Fri 9-5pm CST.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cameras are plugged into the NVR's built in POE switch. The settings i have mess with are as follow 192.168.1.111 then 112...115...116. The Protocol i tried both ONVIF and Hikivision as suggested in this post with ports 80,8080,8000. Using the correct username and passwords.

I have sent an email to the support email have have responded there. I cant work on these till after 5PM at this time and will keep you updated with my progress.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Just to clarify selecting Hikvision protocol uses 8000 port in NVR by default (unless you changed it), other ports will not work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it so hard to ask a question and get some help from fellow users? Does egos need to be involved to have a pissing match on who has the better opinion in a post that isn't relevant? Or am i missing something?

Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be sans that i bought "crap"?
There are other "ego" free forums..feel free to use them.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The cameras are plugged into the NVR's built in POE switch. The settings i have mess with are as follow 192.168.1.111 then 112...115...116. The Protocol i tried both ONVIF and Hikivision as suggested in this post with ports 80,8080,8000. Using the correct username and passwords.

I have sent an email to the support email have have responded there. I cant work on these till after 5PM at this time and will keep you updated with my progress.
The cameras IP addresses have to match up with the NVRs internal switch's gateway. By default it is 192.168.254.1. This means the IP address to your IP cameras will need to be changed. Here's a few examples:

1st camera
2nd camera - 192.168.254.112

Once you have the IP addresses changed you will need to manually put that information in the Camera Management section on the NVR. Use ONVIF and use port 80 as well.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought i changed it to 192.168.1.1 with 255.255.255.255 but i will have to double check. I've been messing with the NVR through the actual box and not the Web Gui so that might lie some of my issues as well. Going to bring more gear to setup to a network to mess with it might save me some headache as the Mouse to Box method seems really slow.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
(scuse me butting in here) By any chance did you change the NVR PoE interface away from it's default value of 192.168.254.1?
And are your LAN addresses in the range 192.168.1.0-254 and is the NVR LAN IP address set in that range?

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
(scuse me butting in here) By any chance did you change the NVR PoE interface away from it's default value of 192.168.254.1?
And are your LAN addresses in the range 192.168.1.0-254 and is the NVR LAN IP address set in that range?
Yes. I believe so. I usually work home networks on the 192.168.1.XXX range. And change any defaults that are not. That will be something i will check into again when i get at the device here soon.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. I believe so. I usually work home networks on the 192.168.1.XXX range. And change any defaults that are not. That will be something i will check into again when i get at the device here soon.
That will be quite a big problem then, if the NVR PoE interface is set to the same IP address range as the NVR LAN interface.
They need to be on separate ranges or the camera traffic will not flow correctly.
I know of no good reason to alter the NVR PoE interface away from its default value of 192.168.254.1

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well after some more detail testing. It appears I set the IP cameras addresses then connected them to the NVR. I then must of tried the plug and play first as all my settings i had set changed and i later tried to set the NVR to use the IP addresses i originally wanted and had no luck.

I set them to 192.168.1.111 they were switched at some point to 102.168.1.1 and so on. I set up 4 instances manually with the HIK vision protocols. I then set each camera on a test network and manually changed them back to what i wanted. Plug them back in the the NVR waited about 30 seconds and they showed up. Figured it was something stupid. Glad everything is working well!