Hikvision NVR user login question, viewing single feed via specific URL

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I have a situation that I can't seem to figure out and I am hoping someone on here with more Hikvision knowledge might be able to help. A business has a Hikvision NVR with 12 IP cameras directly attached. The boss would like to have a screen in a common area that displays only a specific camera live feed with no access to anything else.

I made a user and granted it the rights to only view the live stream of the 1 camera. When logging into the general web interface that user is able to login and view the live stream without issue by going to http://<NVR private IP>

The boss would like to use the URL that is the feed of that specific camera which is accessed via the web interface on a slightly different URL of http://<NVR private IP>:65003 the admin account can login and see this feed without issue but the user account with only access to that camera cannot. It just says Login Failed X attempts remaining.

Does anyone have any idea what I am missing? I have granted all rights to the user account as a test and it is still unable to login to that :65003 URL so I don't think it is a permissions issue. I am wondering if only the admin account can login to that URL.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am wondering if only the admin account can login to that URL.
I wonder if the RTSP streams would be less limited by the user account? Not something I've tried though.
Maybe see what you can do with VLC, for example :
rtsp:/<NVR_IP_address>/Streaming/channels/301

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder if the RTSP streams would be less limited by the user account? Not something I've tried though.
Maybe see what you can do with VLC, for example :
rtsp:/<NVR_IP_address>/Streaming/channels/301
Thanks for the suggestion, I was not aware that you could access a Hikvision NVR that way. I shall give it a go next time I am at that facility and report back here.