Hikvision NVR on a PC and access via Ivms 4500

nambi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 6 cams, they all record to a PC using the hikvision storage server.

now I want to use my andriod ap (ivsm4500) to see live footage and recorded video, but I can't configure this correctly.

I'm confused I expected that my ap would contact my storage server PC and from there the ap would be redirected to see all 6 cams, but this doesn't work.

I was suggested that my ap needs to go to my external ip my router then nats / forwards this to ONE cam, where i can live view only.
if I want to add a second cam, (i have 6) i then need to add another entry same ip different port, and on my router I need to port forward this to the other cam, for live view only.

This seems very cumbersome and not very practical, is this really how the system work, if I'm using a PC as an NVR?

I also heard that their is discontinued PCNVR software that would do what i was hoping for, port forward to a computer which would allow my isvm4500 see all cams in 1 setup. anyone know this?

thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 6 cams, they all record to a PC using the hikvision storage server.

now I want to use my andriod ap (ivsm4500) to see live footage and recorded video, but I can't configure this correctly.

I'm confused I expected that my ap would contact my storage server PC and from there the ap would be redirected to see all 6 cams, but this doesn't work.

I was suggested that my ap needs to go to my external ip my router then nats / forwards this to ONE cam, where i can live view only.
if I want to add a second cam, (i have 6) i then need to add another entry same ip different port, and on my router I need to port forward this to the other cam, for live view only.

This seems very cumbersome and not very practical, is this really how the system work, if I'm using a PC as an NVR?

I also heard that their is discontinued PCNVR software that would do what i was hoping for, port forward to a computer which would allow my isvm4500 see all cams in 1 setup. anyone know this?

thanks in advance
There is supposed to be an embedded webserver in IVMS....I dont use it so im not sure...
You are correct though that port forwarding all the cameras is cumbersome and also poses a security risk...you may want to consider using a vpn...

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The PCNVR is just the server portion of the iVMS-4200 install. I think you can only direct live view from camera with iVMS-4500.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note: These work with ("Every") Hikvision NVR/DVR and iVMS versions:

For Live Video Using A Hikvision NVR/DVR/iVMS. Please See This:

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3035-Make-DS-2CD2032-I-available-to-the-public?p=25564&viewfull=1#post25564

For Snapshots Using a Hikvsion NVR/DVR/iVMS. Please see this:

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/107-Embedding-Your-IP-Camera-On-and-In-Web-Pages-Securely?p=26414&viewfull=1#post26414

Don
OP wants to be able to view recorded video as well...and presumably at more then a few fps...these solutions will not be adequate...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,

As usual ("Also well documented here with many of your responses to my posts here in the forum"). Please take the time to read the links supplied in my posts. Before making inaccurate commentary on things you have yet to read, in my posts.

1. The links for Live Video are showing full motion video.

2. Snapshots don't have FPS rates unless they are automatically being refreshed. My prior post says nothing about refreshing Snapshots and simply shows how to pull 1 snapshot from a Hikvision IP Camera.

3. To playback recording with ("Every") Hikvision NVR/DVR and iVMS versions one can do.

This example is to play back on Cam#1, from 2014-05-27 0:0:0 to 2014-05-28 23:59:59

rtsp://username:password@192.168.xxx.xxx:1025/PSIA/streaming/tracks/101?starttime=20140527T000000Z&endtime=20140528T235959Z (cam#1)

Don
right...so op is going to manually enter start and end times....that is ridiculous.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,

As usual ("Also well documented here with many of your responses to my posts here in the forum"). Please take the time to read the links supplied in my posts. Before making inaccurate commentary on things you have yet to read, in my posts.

1. The links for Live Video are showing full motion video.

2. Snapshots don't have FPS rates unless they are automatically being refreshed. My prior post says nothing about refreshing Snapshots and simply shows how to pull 1 snapshot from a Hikvision IP Camera.

3. To playback recording with ("Every") Hikvision NVR/DVR and iVMS versions one can do.

This example is to play back on Cam#1, from 2014-05-27 0:0:0 to 2014-05-28 23:59:59

rtsp://username:password@192.168.xxx.xxx:1025/PSIA/streaming/tracks/101?starttime=20140527T000000Z&endtime=20140528T235959Z (cam#1)

Don
My bad...i assumed you linked to one of your secure methods of pulling 4fps "video"..
right...so op is going to manually enter start and end times....that is ridiculous. Also limited to view one camera at a time..
It is pretty clear that OP wants to use ivms but not have to port forward each camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The issues are and have been and continue to be your assumptions.

If you want to playback a recording for a specific IP Camera, from a Hikvision NVR/DVR or iVMS version remotely. You need to ("At minimum") specify a start date and time and end time is optional.

Since I know of no hardware that can read minds and determine where you would like to start that playback for a specific IP Camera from a Hikvision NVR/DVR or iVMS version remotely. As in Date/Time.

If you have another way to do same. Auto-Magically. Remotely, from a Hikvision NVR/DVR or iVMS version. Please contribute it to this thread now vs. making it seem like there is another way. When there is not!

Don
Ivms-4500 has a calendar setup where you dont have to manually punch in the time..it also cam playback in double speed..there is also a timeline which allows you to skip forward....your solution is primitive at best and useless for someone wanting remote access to video without jumping through a million hoops.
If you solution works with ivms then ivms-4500 should be able to pull the same stream....i have not seen the embedded webserver in ivms...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. I am very aware of what iVMS can do. My specifics are for remotely being able to do the same but by using RTSP and not requiring the use of the iVMS web interface. Simply mentioned as an option in the event it was not realized that it was and is an option, which is also available for use.

If being able to start playback at an exact moment in time recorded video for a specific IP Camera being stored in a Hikvision NVR/DVR or iVMS version using RTSP. By specifying a start date and time is considered to be "jumping though a million hoops".

Then I will let other IP Camera owners decide if that applies to them or is simply your exaggeration.

Don
Manually typing it in IS jumping through hoops..yes...what do you get in exchange? ZERO benefit over ivms...and you cannot do all the other things like fastforward, use the timeline...etc..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will let other IP Camera owners decide about this. You have made your feelings about this very clear.

Using the alternative method does not require using the iVMS web interface. Which itself can and will be a benefit to some IP Camera owners that would simply like to use RTSP to do same.

As stated in my prior post. If the information is worthwhile to even only one IP Camera owner, now or in the future reading it. Then my adding that information was worthwhile for me to add here. Since it was simply one item in the list of other items in my post here.

It's simply another option and an alternative fenderman.

Most likely you can get over that, I hope? The use of "ZERO benefit" and the other terms you have used here in this thread, to reference this alternative option, sadly shows that most likely, that may not be true.

Don
You simply did not read the OP or you failed to understand the issue OP would like help resolving. Your suggestion is not an "alternative"...it simply will not solve op's problem...you simply posted it to toot your own horn...its useless to the OP. Not sure what you mean by using the ivms web interface...the op wants to use the ivms-4500 mobile app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyway. I clearly read what the OP stated. They want to playback multiple IP Camera at the same time as one item they mentioned. Which this alternative can do. Even a simple scripting language can easily perform entering the start time for all IP Cameras if needed as well.

Good day fenderman

Don
Please let this be a true "good day"...i challenge you not to edit your post further.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Furthermore your response clearly indicates that you did not read the op..the op mentions nothing about playing back multiple cameras at the same time. The ops problem relates to having to port forward all six cameras...go back and read it.
"I was suggested that my ap needs to go to my external ip my router then nats / forwards this to ONE cam, where i can live view only.

This seems very cumbersome and not very practical, is this really how the system work, if I'm using a PC as an NVR?"

Your solution does not address the op's issue AT ALL.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will let other IP Camera owners determine any need for my response fenderman since you can't understand that you have made you personal feelings well known about this subject matter repeating them over and over here and that those feelings, don't reflect the feelings of all IP Camera owners worldwide:

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3229-Hikvision-NVR-on-a-PC-and-access-via-Ivms-4500?p=27295&viewfull=1#post27295

Lately, at least in responses to my posts. It would seem, that you don't want to keep a topic on track. Much like a recent topic were you have done the same as you are once again attempting to do here.

So, you can continue to do as you wish. Without my participation here, to help you continue to take this topic off track. Since it's clear what your feelings are about one of three points which I made in a single post here. That you don't seem capable to "let go of".

Good Day Fenderman

Don
Speaking of keeping a topic on track....stop editing your posts over and over - it makes it hard to track responses. Again, I wish your "good day" was legitimate, however, you keep coming back and editing..

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought the question was excellent! .... To bad The answers turned into kindergarten...... Anyone else having a good solution?

nambi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought the question was excellent! .... To bad The answers turned into kindergarten...... Anyone else having a good solution?

Yes hikvision discontinued a software called pcnvr you can still find it on the net. This software does exactly what I was hoping for. And very simple to setup. I think they wanted to sell nvrs and was thinking why give the same software out for free. It works well pretty solid never had issues yes you can live view all cams and watch recordings too. With only one port forward.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The latest version if ivms on the hikvision site gives you the option to install the webserver...
If you want something with more options and flexibility than ivms, look at blue iris.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nambi- thanks , I just downloaded it of hikvisioneurops webpages now actually. Got big time problems with it right from the start.... I´m running win 10 pro, anything i click . yes absolutely anything i want to click on it pops up the following message: "No permission for parameters checking" .... and nothing happens . I can barely start the wizard thats it . but that one doesnt work as well =D

I am running it in administrator mode so shouldnt be any problem there anyway . any suggestions are welcomed.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
If OP wants to use PC, and there are multiple solutions, a simple one(after learning curve) would be to try Blue Iris on PC and BI app for mobile.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, but it did not answer my question =)