Hikvision NVR not working over WIFI.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been using the Hikvision 4port NVR for a while now and it works fine. For some reason I never thought to use my WIFI to view the cameras on my phone instead of using my 4G connection on my phone.

I have the IVMS app installed and it works fine as does the web browser.

I can't seem to be able to get anything to work over WIFI. I also tried sighthound and IP Cam and I keep getting a denied response.Are there a port that I need to forward? Any ideas? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Who is your service provider? What type of router are you using? Is it a router/modem combo? If so it may be a nat loopback issue...
If you use your external ip address on your pc can you see the cams? If not its most likely a nat loopback problem..

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Who is your service provider? ATT
What type of router are you using? NVG510
Is it a router/modem combo? Combo
If you use your external ip address on your pc can you see the cams? No

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Who is your service provider? ATT
What type of router are you using? NVG510
Is it a router/modem combo? Combo
If you use your external ip address on your pc can you see the cams? No
Ok, that modem/router does not support nat loopback https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&rlz=1C1GGGE___US509US509&es_sm=93&btnG=Search&q=NVG510+nat+loopback#q=NVG510+nat+loopback
The only workaround that I know of is to put the router/modem into bridge mode (which will make it act like a modem only) and then use your own router...
ATT might have newer models that do support loopback but you would have to call and ask...

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got a Tp Link Archer C9 set up behind the NVG510 in bridge. The current firmware is supposed to support loop back, but not sure where to look or how to set it up?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got a Tp Link Archer C9 set up behind the NVG510 in bridge. The current firmware is supposed to support loop back, but not sure where to look or how to set it up?
It should be automatic..