Hikvision NVR & IP Camera WebAccess Nightmare

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Were you able to get it to AutoRun the camera IP address in IE Tab Mode? I set the IP address to autorun but it's not working - it sticks in Edge mode and gives the error message unless I manually force it into IE Tab Mode and re-enter the IP address. Thanks much.
Never tried it I just type in the address, and it remembers.

Bammonb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Wolf4ever, new to this forum glad I found it! Actually a tech from a company we hired to help me with this same issue recommended it. So what I have found is that if you manually load the site in Edge in IE Mode, the hikvision plugin will prompt and work. We created an XML file that would automatically load all of our sites (we have like 40 sites using these Hikvision NVR's) in IE Mode using Edge. This does not work. You go to login and it fails and brings you back to the login screen. We are defaulting the site IP to load in IE compatible mode but it doesn't work, I suspect because of a plugin issue. So to recap, I have tested this to automatically load in IE mode in Edge and it does not work. If you go to the IP in Edge and manually tell the page to load in IE mode, it does work and will prompt for the plugin if needed. I am actually going to contact Hikvision about this, I think it is quite ridiculous that they haven't released a plugin that is compatible with a different browser. I am being told by our REP who sold us this equipment that most people don't use the web browser access to the NVR, they just interact directly with the NVR not needed Hikvision plugin, etc. The vendor I have helping me is also telling me that this may go away if we perform firmware upgrades on the NVR's. I have noticed some of the NVR's with older firmware have different login screens and seem to have an issue with the auto loading of the sites in IE mode. The newer firmware seems to work. Not sure if this is helpful but I hope it is. I will let you know if I hear anything back from Hikvision.