Hikvision NVR: how to enable motion events in the timeline?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't try motion event recording, but now that I finally got my hands to I am not having much luck for those events to show up in the web timeline. The rules are enabled and I tried motion/event based recording. This is with any cam including Hikvision. Is there any trick or it's not supported in latest firmware 3.4.2?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@klasipca If you record continuously it will not display events in the web interface or mobile app. You can only view it in the NVR's interface. This is a serious defect in the hikvision NVR.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@klasipcaIf you record continuously it will not display events in the web interface or mobile app. You can only view it in the NVR's interface. This is a serious defect in the hikvision NVR.
Yes it is. Although I disabled continuous recording, so wouldn't that enable those events to show up?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Although I disabled continues recording, so wouldn't that enable those events to show up?
If its only recording on motion then the recordings should show up...if not there may be something set incorrectly..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This is what I have set for a Hikvision cam, although I am confused by the difference between Basic Event Motion Detection and Storage Motion/Event.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like I somewhat figured this out. For Hikvision appears to work, for Huisun it has to be using Hikvision profile once again instead of ONVIF.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Found "not so elegant" solution to have both continuous/motion recording. Simply configured two different channels in my NVR for the same camera.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On my 7600NI-I2, i've simply enabled the continuous recording, also enabled the event, for the same channel, and via the event playback
NVR.JPG

I can switch from continuous to event ... or you meant something other, close to the timeline in the NVR ?
Cheers

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You mind telling me how I can setup my hikvision to only record on motion. Right now it's doing continues and motion at the same time. Where can I change it from? The nvr or the cameras and how?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the difference between motion alarm and just motion
Look carefully - it's actually 'Motion OR Alarm', or 'Motion AND Alarm', or 'Motion' or 'Alarm'.
Presumably you currently have 'Continuous' selected.