Hikvision NVR DS-7732NI-E4/16P OSD Time Synchronization

Anthony ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive recently purchased a Hikvision NVR DS-7732NI-E4/16P and I was wondering how do I set all the times on the screen all the same.

Currently I only have 4 cameras connected which are all the same brand and model, including all the same setup but they seem to run approx 10sec difference between them all?

Ive gone through the manual but im unsure if im missing something?

If someone know how to rectify this that would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

Anthony

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive recently purchased a Hikvision NVR DS-7732NI-E4/16P and I was wondering how do I set all the times on the screen all the same.

Currently I only have 4 cameras connected which are all the same brand and model, including all the same setup but they seem to run approx 10sec difference between them all?

Ive gone through the manual but im unsure if im missing something?

If someone know how to rectify this that would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

Anthony
Do you notice a lag/time difference on the NVR when viewing live or is this only via a web browser or remotely? Sometimes people notice a "lag" when viewing from a web browser or remote because the video is actually behind because of streaming/bandwidth issues, so it appears the times are different but the video you are actually watching is not in sync.

In the configuration settings in the web browser under system settings there is a "time settings" tab. Go there - option one that I believe a lot of people use is the "Manual Time Sync" option which you set and it broadcasts to all the cameras, the other option is the NPT option which allows you to plug in a Time/Date server that the NVR pings every "X" minutes to assure it is in sync.

Anthony ip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Zero
Thanks for the info. I notice the lag time between cameras on the display directly connected to the NVR. When im on the IVMS-4200 software on my computer all time is within 1 sec of each other.

Ive tried it in Manual Time Sync, rebooted the system and time is great but within a minute they slowly start to lag. Currently its around 10-20 sec after being rebooted and the longer i leave it the greater the separation within the camera time.

Ive now downloaded netTime and im in the process of checking to see if NPT will help? But its not looking promising. Any other recommendations.. Thanks

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry @Anthony ip I've never had issues with the clocks drifting like that. Did a quick google search for NVR Time Drift and didn't see much either, not sure what to tell ya.

All I can think is try logging into the individual cameras - assuming you have enabled Virtual Host you can do this by going to your.nvr.ip.address:6500X where X is your network port on the NVR you want to access. So your.nvr.ip.address:65001 is camera/nic port 1.

At any rate go into the cameras and set them to the NTP server of windows.time.com with an NTP port of 123 and an update of 60 min and see if that corrects things.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts:
When im on the IVMS-4200 software on my computer all time is within 1 sec of each other.
In which case the cameras are fine, perfectly well synced. If they were not, it would be obvious here.

I notice the lag time between cameras on the display directly connected to the NVR.
This suggests it's a facet of how the VGA/HDMI updating is keeping up with the individual streams it's displaying.

All I can think is try logging into the individual cameras - assuming you have enabled Virtual Host you can do this by going to your.nvr.ip.address:6500X where X is your network port on the NVR you want to access. So your.nvr.ip.address:65001 is camera/nic port 1.

At any rate go into the cameras and set them to the NTP server of windows.time.com with an NTP port of 123 and an update of 60 min and see if that corrects things.
With apologies @zero-degreesfor being picky: "windows.time.com" - time.windows.com
By default - cameras on the PoE ports are not able to access any internet sites, assuming the NVR firmware has done its usual thing of setting the camera default gateway to be the same as that of the NVR LAN default gateway as opposed to the PoE interface address.
The way to confirm this is if the 'Test' button comes back with a 'cannot connect'. If it doesn't - well and good, and worth doing.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
My thoughts:

With apologies @zero-degreesfor being picky: "windows.time.com" - time.windows.com
By default - cameras on the PoE ports are not able to access any internet sites, assuming the NVR firmware has done its usual thing of setting the camera default gateway to be the same as that of the NVR LAN default gateway as opposed to the PoE interface address.
The way to confirm this is if the 'Test' button comes back with a 'cannot connect'. If it doesn't - well and good, and worth doing.
^^^^ That! :)

and I was just grasping at straws as I have never seen a time drift like that. I would question the VGA/HDMI though as it is a transmission image. The combining and overlay is done within the NVR and broadcast out via vga/hdmi, I wouldn't think that would cause individual time issues/overlays within the camera. Also we're not talking about a no name china $50 NVR it is a HIK after all.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I agree that it does seem unusual on the VGA/HDMI interface. Especially on a 32 channel kick-ass NVR.
But despite it being just a video interface, as opposed to being multiple windows in a browser independently maintained, there are multiple threads from the multi-core CPU within the NVR supplying the display memory.