Hikvision NVR & Cams English Firmware

spacedog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi :)

First of all, I am new and a noob with NVR and IP Cams, so have patience with me :D I have a lot of experience with computer, OS and networking :cool:

One of my friends bought following setup i Hong Kong:
NVR: HIKVISION DS-78008N-K2/8P
Cams: HIKVISION DS-2CD3345-I

He forgot to ask for a multi language/or just the English version, the problem is that the language is only in Chinese, and if I should have any chance to set it up for him, it should be English.

I saw the thread about Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS, can I use the tool on the NVR & cams written above?
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2733-Hikvision-FIRMWARE-TOOLS-change-language-extract-files-and-create-own-firmware

1. As fare I understood the thread about Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS only change the ‘Language’ flag on the device, so it will accept others language firmware, correct?

2. Where can I find compatible firmware in English for NVR & Cams?

All help is appreciated :cool:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
NVR: HIKVISION DS-78008N-K2/8P
Could you confirm / clarify the model of the NVR? I don't recognise that one.
FIRMWARE TOOLS only change the ‘Language’ flag on the device,
For info - Hiktools just changes the language flag in the firmware header, not on the device.

spacedog

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you confirm / clarify the model of the NVR? I don't recognise that one.

For info - Hiktools just changes the language flag in the firmware header, not on the device.
As you can see in the picture there is a zero too much, he he, the model nr is

DS-7808N-K2/8P

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I can see - and I don't know for sure - it looks like that NVR is a China only model.
There is firmware for it on the CN website, here, second one down: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_699.html
but it's not listed as EN or ML for languages.
If you haven't already done so, you might try the original seller to see if any 'hacked' firmware could be supplied, you never know.