hikvision nvr and cameras reset to factory default

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys i currently have setup a hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P nvr and 9 4mp hikvision cameras at my house one is a wifi cube cam ,im going to remove them to sell them on and wondering what i need to do to rest the whole lot so the new user has a default setup to work with . thanks in advance

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive found out how to reset the nvr in the setting but will doing that reset alll the cameras at the same time as i know the password for the cameras are the same as the nvr just didnt want to reset it and find out later the cameras are not reset

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ive found out how to reset the nvr in the setting but will doing that reset alll the cameras at the same time as i know the password for the cameras are the same as the nvr just didnt want to reset it and find out later the cameras are not reset
After resetting the NVR connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and SADP will show if the cameras are 'Inactive' or 'Active'.
My guess would be 'Active' ie not reset to factory defaults by having the NVR itself reset.

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so would you say i need to reset the cameras before doing the nvr ,

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok get you now so if i just reset the nvr the cameras should be reset ready to grab the new password from the nvr which ever there next plugged into ,i dont remember putting a didicated password to each cameras as there just the same as my nvr ,i dont really need to reset the settings i was just concerned about the password side of them as ive not adjust nothing really in them apart from the wifi cube cam

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that resetting the NVR will also reset the cameras.
And I'm not sure that an 'Inactive' NVR will activate any inactive connected cameras.
That's why SADP will be useful to see the status of the cameras after you reset the NVR.
What would be sensible though, before you do anything, would be to verify that you really do know the camera passwords.
You can use the Virtual Host facility in the NVR to connect to the cameras web GUI and confirm you can log on.

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes i can log in all my cameras when going through the nvr server using admin and then my nvr password

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
think im all sorted now thanks ive logged into each camera an reset to defaut then reset nvr to inactive hopefully that should be ok

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that's the wrong sequence.
Inactive cameras will be activated by the NVR.
What does SADP say for the whole thing, cameras and NVR, via an unused NVR PoE port?

Muskilz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i also got an issue like this one. I changed my Nvr password now the cameras cant connect bt on sadp tool they are active

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi i also got an issue like this one. I changed my Nvr password now the cameras cant connect bt on sadp tool they are active
Are the cameras on NVR PoE ports?
The cameras will most likely be using the password the NVR was using when the cameras were first connected, assuuming you didn't change that later.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just make sure the admin password of the NVR, is the same as set on the ip cameras. You can change admin password of the camera by connecting your laptop to one of the poe ports of the nvr, and set static ip to 192.168.254.....

Muskilz

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the cameras on NVR PoE ports?
The cameras will most likely be using the password the NVR was using when the cameras were first connected, assuuming you didn't change that later.
Correct the cameras are using the old password which i cant remember

Muskilz

n3wb
Reaction score
Also the camera
Correct the cameras are using the old password which i cant remember
Also the cameras dont have a physical reset bitton in them the sadp tool is saying i send the qr code to hick technical guys which is proving a challenge

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What firmware version is SADP showing for the cameras?
If 5.4.0 or older you will be able to extract the configuration file which has the password in it.