Hikvision NVR and Camera Varifocal Question

TonyDio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my first post. I've been reading up on tons of great info you all you guy's/gal's. Thanks.

If I buy a DS-7716ni-sp/16 nvr from Hikvision and multiple Hik [FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DS-2CD2742FWD-IZS motorized varifocal cameras, shouldn't i be able to control the focal length from within the nvr locally? do you need to maybe use the IVS software to do this? I can't seem to find out this info from documentation/forums etc. I know it's not a PTZ, but it would help with the setup so i'm not hanging off a ladder like a mental patient trying to get it setup correctly.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
TD
[/FONT]

SLJOZZIE

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I was hoping for a response to your question: I have a DS-2CD2642 motorized vari-focal lens with NV 7608NI-E2 and I cannot figure how to control the lens.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you able to access the camera web GUI directly?
The NVR isn't going to support every fine detailed configuration option of the connected cameras.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you access your system through a web browser highlight the camera you want to focus and get it in single camera view. At the bottom of the screen you should see a symbol that looks like a magnifying glass with +. click this it enables ptz options. on the right hand side you should see the ptz controls. you will not be able to pan or tilt but you should have access to the zoom and focus controls to get desired shot.

SLJOZZIE

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an FYI a called the tech team at Nelly's Security and the answer was your camera does not have a motorized lens even though the spec sheet listed with the product indicate motorized lens.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most likely you have to log into the camera itself to use the motorized function if the local NVR's PTZ focus and zoom are not working.
If you are using built-in POE, use the virtual host option and then you'll find a virtual IP under System Management->Camera management of the Web GUI of the NVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just an FYI a called the tech team at Nelly's Security and the answer was your camera does not have a motorized lens even though the spec sheet listed with the product indicate motorized lens.
If you are referring to this spec sheet then its important to pay attention to the character designation. The model must include the letter Z for it to be motorized as indicated in the spec sheet. Same with sound/alarm, it must have the letter S in the model.
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/media/specsheets/hikvision/ip-cameras/2cd2742fwd-i.pdf