Hikvision NVR and a number of Hikvision cameras - critique please

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For a small office building:
So as I look at Hikvision's current product guide, it looks to me as if there's only two choices when it comes to Hikvision 16 channel NVRs.
One, the DS-7716NI-SP/16 and the other the DS-9616NI-ST … in looking at the specs I don't see much difference mainly the 9600 series has 8 SATA interfaces vs the two in the 7700 series? There's quite a price difference.
Interestingly enough, I see Hikvision 7100, 7600 and 8600 series NVRs from various vendors on Aliexpress.
I'm assuming the 7700 and the 9600 series are the newest ones and the ones corporate Hikvision supports, so stick with buying them?

Initially I'm thinking of 3 - DS-2CD2432F-IW indoor cameras, and about 8 outdoor cameras. I initially thought of using all DS-2CD2032-I bullets, but am considering trying some of these; the DS-2CD2332-I turrets, and maybe the DS-2CD2T32-I5 or the DS-2CD2232-I5 because of the EXIR longer IR range.
I see a nice ZyXEL POE switch thinking of for the cameras that will need POE.

Any feedback on the NVRs choices and the Hikvision cameras would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance ~ Lewis

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not use the 2432 for a business - its too easy for someone to move...just use the turrets all over unless you need the pir, audio or sd card of the 2432.

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fenderman, thanks for the suggestion about the turrets cameras. Are these easier to mount than say a bullet? Not having mounted one I cannot see how they could be easier, but would love the feedback. Yes, I see they would be more difficult to misaim and move once in place. Other than the IR lighting, the cameras look the same in performance.

I'd love some feedback and input on the NVR selections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The bullet will be easier to aim..but its generally a one time thing..this video give you some insight on how its aimed
I have never used the 9600 series...if you need lots of storage i guess its an option..for basic use dont waste your money....remember that newer is not always better...
If you are looking at the bullets..there is a good deal at costco for the NVR and 8 bullets and a 3tb drive
http://www.costco.com/Swann-16-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-3TB-HDD-and-8-3MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100144938.html
Includes built in poe....will be noisy though
Then just add another 8 turrets and you are done...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The turret can has three mounting screws and one adjustment screw. All are housed under the trim ring. There are a few changes that aren't shown in the above video. First the adjustment screw now has a clip to prevent it from coming all the way out. Second the pigtail now has a reset button.

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is interesting… as I try to figure out the differences in the Hikvision NVRs, it looks like most US units are a more expensive 7700 series and most units through AliExpress are a cheaper? 7600 series. Yet I don't find any comparison or listing of differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk