Hikvision IVMS Problems

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 cameras a 2132 and a 3145. I understand that I am limited with the Chinese cameras due to software incompatibility with IVMS. Until last week before My ISP-BT went down for the day with thousands of other customers I could see both cameras in my network, receive emails on motion detection, and view the 2132 remotely (not via my home network) since the glitch with BT, I have been unable to do anything with either camera apart from live view both cameras by connecting to my home network.
In addition the software to the platform is now very buggy and slow. It takes ages to log in and navigate through the menus.
Port forwarding is set up on my router still, and all the setting seem the same on IVMS.
Can anyone help me?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Chinese cameras that are patched, for all intents and purposes for your situation, can be treated as US cameras. IVMS and every other piece of Hikvision equipment treats them the same. Again, only if they are patched to English.

It sounds like your issues are ultimately network related, nothing to do with regional restrictions or anything like that. A firmware upgrade in most cases won't fix anything like this. As you stated yourself, they were working, and just quit. Firmware *generally* won't cause that.

When accessing locally, does everything function normally? If so, this is likely a problem with your ISP/carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply corey....yes both cameras work when accessed locally. However the software is very slow and buggy.
Where should I start?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've never once been a fan of iVMS just because it felt tacky. The UI isn't designed all that well and under the hood it needs serious improvements performance wise (unrelated to your issues). I personally don't use it, except in emergency situations. In my case, I have a Mac, and there is no Mac version of SADP so I have to use it for setup at least.

Make sure you are running the latest version of iVMS, which can be found here:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/01 Video Management Software/00 iVMS4200/Hikvision iVMS-4200 v2.4.1.3 (Windows, multi-language)/&file=iVMS-4200(v2.4.1.3).zip

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I connect to the NVR directly through the web interface. It's a lot cleaner and works much better for me personally. On iOS, the iVMS App is actually fairly decent in both playback and live viewing modes.

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see Corey, I have used that too on my mac, it's a simplier platform.
I may have made a bit of progress....just by fiddling with the RJ45 network cable which plugs into the rear of my router. This has made the software much more reponsive. I will check to see if the emails start coming in and if I will be allowed to view the cameras away from the local network. Sadly we have a poor data connection on my phone.
One thing is the ability to record onto the 32GB SD card I fitted to the camera. It only records about 6 minutes before it stops recording, even after I keep formatting the card, and clearing the memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SD card storage is a longstanding topic of discussion. More times than not it doesn't work. I wish I could offer a solution to this but I can't. I've never personally succeeded in that venture and stuck to buying NVRs in volume bulk discounted prices for all of my projects. It's a shame because there have been instances where I only want maybe 2 cams and I hate to have a full blown NVR for that. Oh well.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It only records about 6 minutes before it stops recording, even after I keep formatting the card, and clearing the memory.
There are a lot of faked SD cards on sale - fake size, fake performance, fake branding.
There are lots of tools to inspect and verify SD cards.
It may be worth trying a known good one and see if it behaves better.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I purchased a $128GB microSD class 10 card on eBay for $7. Fake or real, it works great in a dash cam. The Hikvision's do NOT like it. Be that as it may, it does not like the 32GB genuine Samsung UHC1 card either, and that is a real card. So on that note I blame the camera more than the card, but yes, there's lots of fakes out there, good to stick to a name flash memory brand (Samsung, Kingston, SanDisk, etc) when in doubt.

Also doesn't hurt to purchase from a reputable vendor either.

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
NVR may be my option then after weeks of unsuccessful fiddling. All three cameras work flawlessly now when viewed locally. I cannot for the life of me access away from my network, after unsuccessful attempts to sort port forwarding and DdNS account with third party "No IP". Is the NVR route simple? I would need 8 channels for future expansion, and not sure how much storage I would need. I wouldn't need to store anymore than two weeks of footage. Where is a good place or route to purchase one?