HIKVISION - is there a quick way from VERA to "arm camera" / "disarm" Cams?

tommytuna

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to go with some Hikvision cameras wired up to external PIRs using Alarm INPUT block (need to use external PIRs to lower amount of false alarms).

I want to have a VERA hooked up to DSC Alarm Panel/Keypad via Envisalink 3 card.

When DSC is armed, I would like the Vera to detect this and turn on the alarm input -> FTP & Email linkage settings (essentially sending me notifications and uploading to FTP on trigger). When DSC is disarmed, I would like to reverse settings and disable all notifications/uploads.

Is this possible given the APIs in this camera? The VERA forums weren't entirely clear and i'm not really a programmer. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

tommytuna

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a peak at this and it is intimidating to me. I did manage to send some URL commands and get basic CAM info back but that is about the depth of my skills.

One thing i couldn't do is find the GET command to retreive the EVENT -> ALARM INPUT settings.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Just brainstorming...If you are using Blue Iris, an alternative would be using the Blue Iris plugin in Vera and creating a trigger that enables the specific camera (which you would have to setup in BI to FTP images) when the alarm is armed.

tommytuna

n3wb
Reaction score
Just brainstorming...If you are using Blue Iris, an alternative would be using the Blue Iris plugin in Vera and creating a trigger that enables the specific camera (which you would have to setup in BI to FTP images) when the alarm is armed.
No I won't have a BlueIris or anything else running (remote cabin). Will have an internet connection and will FTP the captures up on alarm.