Hikvision IPC DS-2CD2112-I reset

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
would you please tell me the Hikbackup user password for attach file?
I'm sorry, but I don't have a decryption key for that model of configuration file.
What device is it taken from?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With the caveat that I'm unfamiliar with that specific model - usually a backup configuration file is created using an encryption phrase supplied by the user.
In other words, the file doesn't have a fixed decryption key that can be used to extract the plaintext contents.

roblom

n3wb
Reaction score
I've bought a second hand DS-2CD2112-I but the problem is that the seller doesn't know the password anymore.
I've tried the "Hikvision Reset Tool" but this doesn't seem to work. There is also no physical reset button.

According the SADP tool:
  • Serial is DS-2CD2112-I0120130408CCRR419639789
  • Date 2004-01-12 20:09:51
  • Software version V4.0.9 Build 130106
  • DSP version V4.0 Build 12128

Is there some way I can do a factory reset or a way to get the security code?

the "<IP>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK" doesn't give any response.

Maestro123

n3wb
Reaction score
Olá bom dia preciso de ajuda..
Preciso redifinir a senha da minhas Cameras IP do moldelo Ds-2cd2112-i
Mais não consigo extrair o arquivo XmL no SADP ela pedi codigo de verificação. poderia me ajudar

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What version of firmware does SADP show for the camera?
If it's 5.4.4. or earlier, use this URL to extract the configuration file :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
Then zip it up and attach here, and I'll decrypt and decode it and extract the password for you.
I have looked at the output file from SADP with several editors, Hex editor, Geany and the like, and searched them for the passwords you gave me, to no avail. I have a friend that was able to determine that the password files stored in VMS are stored at the exact same location in memory, every time and so therefore he could go to that location and look at the data, in HEX, and retrieve any password change. Any chance you'd share what you are doing? Even a clue.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have looked at the output file from SADP with several editors, Hex editor, Geany and the like, and searched them for the passwords you gave me, to no avail.
That XML file from SADP is a password reset request file and does not hold any passwords, just a signed request code.
When processed by a Hikvision system with their private key, creating a response file, the originating camera authenticates that file with the public key and clears the locally stored password.

Any chance you'd share what you are doing?
The configuration files that are exported by the older firmware are reversibly encrypted using a key which can be determined by reverse engineering the firmware, and also subject to a very obvious XOR encode, allowing the password which is stored in plaintext to be exposed.
Normally it should only be possible to export a configuration file if the admin credentials are known - but a serious security vulnerability in many versions of the firmware allows the configuration file to be exported without requiring any credentials.
Hence the admin password - and many other parameters - can be easily found.