Hikvision IP Gateway (and possibly software version) issue - can't activate new camera

JuneauJeff

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am trying to install a new camera and I have run into an issue I am unsure how to solve. We had a nice 6 camera system and it was running just fine, and then a maintenance employee decided to blast one of our cameras for a prolonged period with a pressure washer. It did not survive. I promptly hopped on Amazon to buy a replacement. Unfortunately the vendor I bought from originally did not have any available, so I went to a different vendor. I am worried that may have been a mistake.

Here's my issue. Previously I would use the SADP tool to obtain the IP address of a new inactive camera, use internet explorer to visit the camera directly through the IP listed in the SADP tool, set the password and activate the camera. With this camera however, I noticed that it had a different gateway IP address, and a different software version. Screenshot attached. When typing that IP into internet explorer, I cannot connect to the camera at all. I thought to just use the SADP tool to modify the gateway, but I then found that the 'modify network options' pop-out in the SADP tool are all grayed out and inaccessible, no matter what camera I select. Not sure where to go from here, so I came to the experts. What should I do?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With this camera however, I noticed that it had a different gateway IP address,
That does not matter for use with SADP.

When typing that IP into internet explorer, I cannot connect to the camera at all.
That's because the camera is on a different IP address range than the others, and presumably your PC.
It's on the standard default of 192.168.1.64 whereas your other cameras are on 192.168.2.x

A couple of suggestions :

Despite what you said didn't work with SADP -
Click the square checkbox on the left to select the new camera.
The 'Activate' dialogue box should appear at the right in SADP.
Create your desired Activation password.

Alternatively -
Temporarily change the PC IP address to something in the range the camera is using, say 192.168.1.200
Use the IP address 192.168.1.64 in the IE11 browser and follow the Activation dialogue.

JuneauJeff

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow. The checkbox was what I was missing. Such a simple oversight, thank you so much! I checked the camera and then was able to activate and change the gateway and IP addresses right from the SADP software. Color me embarrassed.

Thanks again for your help!