Hikvision IP cam bitrate keeps resetting on its Hikvision

tredstone

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't find any info on this problem so here goes.
I have my two hikvision cameras connected to my hikvision 7608-ni-i2 NVR via Poe . When I've set the substream from its default bitrate of 128kbps to 1024kbps it resets back to the lower bitrate when I view the feed on my galaxy note 9 via hik connect or ivms 4500. The option for custom in app next to clear or fluent is greyed out.

Viewing the stream on my 4g LTE network is terrible at 128kbps and choosing the clear or hd options in the apps looks great but the lag and stutter is really bad

If I open the cam settings on my pc and change the bitrate while the app is open on my phone I can see the picture quality on my phone get better but as soon as I come out of the app or choose the hd stream the substream reverts back to 128kbps , I'm running all the latest firmware on the cameras and NVR . I just can't figure it out . Can anyone help me with this ?

tredstone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi tredstone, sorry I don't have a solution, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone. I think this is a HikConnect thing. And sounds like IVMS4500 does it too.

I have a couple of the Annke/Hikvision cube cameras. What drove me insane is that the main stream would keep switching from 1080 to 720 resolution. Maybe the bitrate changed also, I don't remember. I thought there was something screwy with the camera. I kept at it and like you I finally discovered that it was when I used the HikConnect app from either my phone or a tablet, if I clicked the HD button that was what was changing the camera's rez *down* from 1080 to 720. WTF!!?? Nothing in the app would change it back up to 1080, I had to go to the web interface and manually change it back. Once reset to 1080, it stays that way. Until you accidentally hit the HD button again. :p

I learned to keep my fingers well away from that stupid HD button! I just chalked that one up to either very bad design or very bad coding by Hik fools who think they know what they're doing.

I don't really use the HikConnect app anymore, that's one main reason. Instead I just use the BI app or UI3. I guess that wouldn't work for you though, since you're using a Hik NVR though.

I doubt there is one, but if anyone else knows a solution to this, I'd also be glad to hear it.
Yeh it's a real problem , I even changed my hd from a wd purple 4tb 5200rpm to a 6tb Skyhawk 7200rpm which made no difference . I purchased a new hikvision IP ptz cam thinking it maybe my cam at fault but the problem is still there . I then upgraded the NVR firmware to the latest version as suggested by ipcam but the problem is still there still resetting itself . Wtf . I've reset the camera and NVR and still no luck .