Hikvision Equivalent of Lorex Fusion?

FlatWh8

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, brand new here but thought this is a great place for asking this question.

I am looking to purchase a set of CCTVs for our house. We plan to have 4 outdoor cameras (ideally POE), one doorbell (ideally POE) and potentially one or two indoor cameras (can be wireless) with AI capability for intruder detection (but need to be pet friendly). Local storage plus app access.

The only brand I have seen that explicitly markets itself for doing both POE and Wireless is Lorex, and its indoor wireless camera can seemingly do intruder detection etc. They also have some motion sensors etc, which could overtime replace wired smoke detected etc. But I noticed its US store has way more products than the UK store. Its app is also relatively residential scenario friendly?

I just hope to check if my conclusion is right?Is there a solution that is available on Hikvision to replicate what Lorex offers? I understand Hikvision is way better in quality, just unfortunate that it is not the most the straight forward. Thanks in advance!

link to the lorex product i am looking at:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, brand new here but thought this is a great place for asking this question.

I am looking to purchase a set of CCTVs for our house. We plan to have 4 outdoor cameras (ideally POE), one doorbell (ideally POE) and potentially one or two indoor cameras (can be wireless) with AI capability for intruder detection (but need to be pet friendly). Local storage plus app access.

The only brand I have seen that explicitly markets itself for doing both POE and Wireless is Lorex, and its indoor wireless camera can seemingly do intruder detection etc. They also have some motion sensors etc, which could overtime replace wired smoke detected etc. But I noticed its US store has way more products than the UK store. Its app is also relatively residential scenario friendly?

I just hope to check if my conclusion is right?Is there a solution that is available on Hikvision to replicate what Lorex offers? I understand Hikvision is way better in quality, just unfortunate that it is not the most the straight forward. Thanks in advance!

link to the lorex product i am looking at:
Hi @flatwht

Lorex sells mostly dahua oem products.

Dahua and Hikvision are close competitors and each make a wide range of products.

You can get cheaper smaller sensor cameras fr9m each one as well as much better cameras also.

Do plan to get more that 4 cameras outdoors once you get the hang of this.

In terms of nvrs which support poe and wifi .. normally we just look for poe support and get a wifi router to handle any additional wifi cameras.

In general WiFi has issues so we look at wifi cameras to augment a core wired ip poe system.

FlatWh8

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you!

When you say we normally just get an additional Wi-Fi router for the Wi-Fi cameras, the Wi-Fi router runs independent from to the NVR rather than being hooked up to it right? (i.e. the Wi-Fi cameras will run entirely on a parallel system, though may be linked to the same app (i,e, HikConnect)?

My presumption was Lorex's fusion NVR would help integrate the POE and WIFI cameras into one system, which will allow local storage (at the NVR, or NAS) for the Wifi cameras. Do you think that's a fair assessment?

I guess I could be over-estimating the need for hardware integration. Apart from the local storage, there is probably no meaningful integration needed at the hardware level , all the cameras are connected to HikConnect and can work in sync with one another?

Apologies for the very basic questions...

Hi @flatwht

Lorex sells mostly dahua oem products.

Dahua and Hikvision are close competitors and each make a wide range of products.

You can get cheaper smaller sensor cameras fr9m each one as well as much better cameras also.

Do plan to get more that 4 cameras outdoors once you get the hang of this.

In terms of nvrs which support poe and wifi .. normally we just look for poe support and get a wifi router to handle any additional wifi cameras.

In general WiFi has issues so we look at wifi cameras to augment a core wired ip poe system.

FlatWh8

n3wb
Reaction score
thought to check if anyone else has a view. I have read that some hikvision NVRs are in fact hybrid NVRs, not sure if that's true?