HikVision DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) + TP-Link TL-WA801ND + Netgear Nighthawk R7000 - Device Status Offline?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I can, that's how I configured the settings above, where would I have to go and which settings would I have to change to achieve getting the NVR LAN onto the same subnet?
As stated in post #16, for the NVR's LAN"... set static EXACTLY like your PC but with a unique IP outside the router's DHCP pool...."
Then "save" or "OK".

Hermanios

n3wb
Reaction score
As stated in post #16, for the NVR's LAN"... set static EXACTLY like your PC but with a unique IP outside the router's DHCP pool...."
Then "save" or "OK".
I assigned the IPv4 address to 192.168.1.109 (my net gear DHCP pool is 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.100 )
I had already done that earlier to no avail? Or am I configuring the wrong setting? In the NVR network settings this is called IPv4 address, or do I have to change the internal NIC to 192.168.1.109 and the IPv4 address to something else? Sorry for the confusion.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had already done that earlier to no avail? Or am I configuring the wrong setting? In the NVR network settings this is called IPv4 address, or do I have to change the internal NIC to 192.168.1.109 and the IPv4 address to something else? Sorry for the confusion.
No, it's the NVR's LAN; the "Internal NIC" is likely the private server for the cams only.

What IP to you put into your PC's browser to access the NVR's embedded webGUI?

Hermanios

n3wb
Reaction score
What IP to you put into your PC's browser to access the NVR's embedded webGUI?
On the SADP client, it shows me three different online devices, one being the NVR and the 2 others being IP cameras that don't exist (they are configured on the NVR but no idea why or how).

The 2 IP cameras when I clicked on their IP used to take me to the webGUI (even though the camera feed was blank) , now it doesn't work anymore.
And the NVR IP just never worked.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just put aside SADP for now;
Do you have a long enough, good Ethernet cable to run from the NVR LAN port to the Nighthawk?

Hermanios

n3wb
Reaction score
Just put aside SADP for now;
Do you have a long enough, good Ethernet cable to run from the NVR LAN port to the Nighthawk?
No, in Australia we have/had a disastrous internet ‘improvement’ rollout in the last decade and the way my internet is designed makes it impossible for them to be connected since they’re on other ends of the house for a reason /:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That makes it difficult to troubleshoot:
  • The TP-LINK works properly as a client and allows your PC to wirelessly connect to the Nighthawk and provide Internet to the PC.
  • Because moving the TP-LINK to the NVR does NOT allow the NVR to access the Nighthawk's wireless LAN I suspect, still, an issue with the NVR.
  • Connecting the NVR directly to the Nighthawk and bypassing the TP-LINK could possibly provide some more valuable troubleshooting info.

Hermanios

n3wb
Reaction score
  • The TP-LINK works properly as a client and allows your PC to wirelessly connect to the Nighthawk and provide Internet to the PC.
  • Because moving the TP-LINK to the NVR does NOT allow the NVR to access the Nighthawk's wireless LAN I suspect, still, an issue with the NVR.
  • Connecting the NVR directly to the Nighthawk and bypassing the TP-LINK could possibly provide some more valuable troubleshooting info.
Silly me, couldn’t I just unplug the NVR and take it to the Nighthawk room to troubleshoot? The cameras just won’t be plugged in though since the cables are short and protruding from the wall on the other side of the house.

Hermanios

n3wb
Reaction score
Man, oh man I feel like the biggest schmuck right now
So the position of the NVR in my house is very restrictive, and I finally had time to disconnect everything so I could move it to the Netgear room and check out what’s going on so I could report back to you.
I move it there and this is my first time I have a full unrestricted view of the back, I’m connecting the cables and the last thing to connect is the Mouse USB, and right over it I see an Ethernet port……
I think you see the problem. The second I realised I SWEAR I could hear you saying from the earlier post :
Also insure that the NVR's LAN port is connected to the LAN port of the TP-LINK, not the WAN ("Internet") port.
And I just said out loud “oh my god, oh my god”. This whole time I had the Ethernet of the TP-LINK connected to the NVR camera Ethernet and not the LAN… wow
I rushed to put everything back together in its normal room and Lo and behold everything worked…
Thank you so, so much Tony for your help, you’re known in my friend group as badass Vietnam vet who helped me out with my cameras… I’ll be sure to spread the tale. I’m sure it wouldn’t have worked even if connected in the right port anyhow if not for your advice on how to configure the IPS, so thank you once again my friend and I wish you all the best.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you so, so much Tony for your help, you’re known in my friend group as badass Vietnam vet who helped me out with my cameras… I’ll be sure to spread the tale. I’m sure it wouldn’t have worked even if connected in the right port anyhow if not for your advice on how to configure the IPS, so thank you once again my friend and I wish you all the best.
You're very welcome and glad this had a positive outcome for you. :love:

BTW, I just got back from a weekly breakfast with 7 other veterans, some Vietnam, and a few retired law enforcement, all in our 70's. Lots of tall tales being spun and many world problems solved...to be continued next week and the week after...as long as the good Lord sees fit.

Take care... :cool:
TonyR

Hermanios

n3wb
Reaction score
You're very welcome and glad this had a positive outcome for you. :love:

BTW, I just got back from a weekly breakfast with 7 other veterans, some Vietnam, and a few retired law enforcement, all in our 70's. Lots of tall tales being spun and many world problems solved...to be continued next week and the week after...as long as the good Lord sees fit.

Take care... :cool:
TonyR
Aha! that would definitely be a very eventful group to be apart of, I can’t imagine the stories.. here’s to many, many more week afters my friend.

All the best, Tony!