Hikvision DS-2CD2532F config issue

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My DS-2CD2532F is having issues when I attempt install at work. It works fine at my house though. For install purposes I am attempting to view/change settings locally. I set a static IP to 192.168.1.206 and port to 8020. I changed the gateway to where it should be when Im at home and again when i am at work.

At work the Hikvision login page is hit or miss. Sometimes it appears and sometimes it does not. I changed the IP multiple times while at work and confirmed there is no IP conflict with other devices at work. I tested multiple POE switches and one injector. I do not understand why the cam will not operate at my work. We have a very simple network at work and nothing else is picking up the same IP as the cam. I am lost and any assistance is appreciated.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
brand new POE switch. I believe the issue is because i did not forward port 554 maybe? although i the cam should be stable locally without forwarding any ports correct?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
port to 8020.
As an experiment - set the HTTP port back to 80 and see how it behaves.
There have been a few posts of erratic behaviour when the HTTP port has been changed from the default.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
although i the cam should be stable locally without forwarding any ports correct?
Yes, that is correct. Assuming the device you are trying to access it with is on the same local network as the camera.

I only changed the rtsp port to 554
That is the normal and correct default value.

At work the Hikvision login page is hit or miss.
We have a very simple network at work and nothing else is picking up the same IP as the cam.
Could your work network be very congested maybe?

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The network has 8 local IP's so congestion should not be an issue I think. Most devices have a static IP as well.