Hikvision DS-2CD2345FWD-i v DS-2CD2347G1-L(U)

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone running one of these?

Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) ColorVu Full Colour Night Vision PoE Fixed Turret Network Camera 4mm – Security Wholesalers

Thinking of replacing a ds-2cd2345fwd-i with one of these, the current one can't really get plates on moving cars anyway so the 4MP would be fine during the day and i have a street light out the front so there may be enough light from that to not have to run the LED light on the Colorvu. Plus it has a built in microphone that i really want.

Here is a picture off my phone with the current 2345 set at 1/12 exposure.

IMG_9678.PNG

Thoughts?

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have both of those cameras - the 2345FWD-I is knocking on a bit now and not too great in low light, I always preferred to use the 2325 sacrificing the resolution for improved low light performance.

At the front of my house I have two cameras in the same light looking toward each other - one is a 2346G2 AcuSense and the other a 2347G1 ColorVu. With the light I have (5W LED dawn to dusk light adjacent each camera), both will remain in colour throughout the night. The 2346 at 1/50s shutter (default is 1/25s) is nowhere near as clear as the 2347 at 1/100s shutter (default is 1/12s). The 2346 at a glance is a great image but on closer inspection has a lot of visible noise whereas the ColorVu is very clean.

In short the ColorVu will be a huge improvement over the 2345. Dropping the contrast down on the ColorVu will improve the night image a lot.

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replays guys, much appreciated.

It's actually the 2385 that i have, all the same applies though i assume? If so, I'll order a Colorvu.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the replays guys, much appreciated.

It's actually the 2385 that i have, all the same applies though i assume? If so, I'll order a Colorvu.
Yes and if it’s the original 2385FWD-I (as opposed to G1) better still as the 2385FWD was spec’d at 0.1lux min illumination.

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did some reading on here last night and found a possible problem with the Colorvu in my set-up.

I have 2 other camera's at the front of the house and they use IR, here is a pic showing the IR light that is captured by the camera i was going to replace with the Colorvu. Will the purple color thing with IR lighting that the Colorvu has be a problem?

IMG_9690.PNG