Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I cameras not responding

chipreibel

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had several Hikvision 2CD2332-I cameras that were installed in our previous home for a couple years and always worked fine. I moved to a new home in December and stuck two of the cameras up (using the same POE router) and had them up and running just fine for a couple months. All of a sudden, about two weeks ago, they both quit responding. They show up in the SADP utility (see the attached screenshot), but will not broadcast video and will not allow me to log into them using IE or Firefox (see attached screenshots).

I rebooted everything several times (POE router, main router, individual cameras, etc.), but nothing seems to bring them back up...

Any ideas / suggestions?

- Chip

Attachments

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried to plug them into a different port on your POE router? Very odd that they would both stop responding and not have a common piece of hardware fail.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, couple of things to try for fault finding... Connect the camera direct to a pc (network cable straight from pc to camera) Clear browser cache and see if you can connect. You may need to setup a static ip address, subnet and dns to reflect your camera on the PC.
If that fails hold the reset button on the camera for a couple of seconds and see if you can see it within SADP then try and connect.

If that also fails I guess you could be unlucky and may have DFU cameras. As logic says it couldn't be much else.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the static addresses you've defined within your main router's DHCP pool range?
What does the 'connected devices list' show around that address range, if any, in your main router?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
good point, alastair. could be the DHCP server handed out the cam's addresses to some other device on the network,
which would make IP communications very flakey...

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Per SADP those addresses appear to still be correct, but SADP reports what IP is statically set in the camera, not logically where it resides. If DHCP gives it away to something else, as you said, it's going to be flakey. Some packets will go to the cam, some will go to the mystery device.

The pages you're seeing is likely stored in cache and not actually being fetched from the camera. Make sure you try CTRL+F5 to refresh the page. This forces the browser to retrieve the entire page from the server (camera) and dump it's cache. At this point, if it idles or times out and throws an error, you know the camera doesn't reside at that address anymore because the computer didn't get a response.

If you have a smartphone or tablet and wifi as part of your network, I would suggest downloading Fing. Fing is a GUI version of a popular Linux tool called nmap that scopes out everything on your network and gives you lots of info on devices on said network. It should be able to identify devices with multiple addresses and addresses assigned to multiple devices. It lists manufacturers too so it'll help you differentiate Hikvision devices from everything else. If an IP conflict is truly the problem (seems probable) Fing should be able to pinpoint it.

To resolve the issue, get the MAC addresses of the cameras on your network and in the router add them to the static DHCP section/reserved IP list (could have other names). This registers those IP/MAC combos with the router so the DHCP server knows not to give them away to anything but the camera. Alternatively, start your IP range at something like .10, then .2-.9 are reserved addresses to set things statically with. That will eliminate the DHCP problem completely, regardless of how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk