Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I - No Data Sent, Seemingly Dead

pruggi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I Camera that has gone completely dead; I'm guessing there is no hope for it, but thought I'd post here to see if anyone had this happen to them as well, or found some sort of solution.

I had the camera installed for about 1 day, working perfectly. I then decided to move it to another location - drilled the hole in the ceiling, plugged it into the new ethernet cable etc. etc. and all continued to work fine. Then, I adjusted the axis on the camera, got the angle I wanted and went to screw the cover back on - as I was fixing the dome in place, I saw on the monitor that the camera just switched off and disappeared.

The green led light had disappeared and the IR lights remained on. On my Switch, I checked the status, which showed that it was being powered by POE (the switch's POE light solid, and showing as receiving the correct amount of power via the managed interface). BUT, it showed as 'Link Down' with no data being sent. So, it looks like the POE is working, but there is no data being sent and the camera is essentially dead(?)

I've since taken the camera down, tried with different ethernet cables, tried with a 12v adapter and ethernet cable, tried in different ports on the Switch etc. - nothing works. POE works every time, and the red IR lights turn on, but never go off (indicating again, likely, that the camera is not recognised). I have no idea what happened, as it wasn't dropped, there was no corrosion, no signs of burning or anything - it just went dead.

I'm wondering if I should maybe try cutting the pigtail and using a surface mount box, in case there was something faulty with the pins. I also checked the circuit board, connections etc, and it all looks normal. I'm afraid there is not much hope :/

In any case, thought I'd post and ask if anyone experienced something similar. I should also mention that I have 7 other IP cameras all working perfectly, so the switch is definitely not the issue.

One thing to mention: this is not the Chinese 3132 version, it is 2132 with original UK firmware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you have done all the normal checks and more.
Did you buy from a seller that would allow you to get a replacement under warranty?

pruggi

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is the one camera that I didn't buy from my local authorised distributor, and the seller I bought it from will not accept a return :/