HiKvision DS-2CD1743G0-iz browser support problem

nitron

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought recently a used DS-2CD1743G0 (european market).

I programmed the latest available version: V5.5.89 build 210429 found at:

The problem is that the only browser that can access the camera web server is Internet Explorer.

The other more recent browsers (Edge, FireFox, Chrome) give the same error message:

Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /notSupported.asp

I reprogrammed multiple time the firmware, I reset the camera but with no luck.

The only usable browser remains the antique IE.

Any clues ?

According to the user manual, other browsers can be used.

P.S. The camera is seen and can be activated by the iVMS4200 without any problem.

Regards,

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Their manual is half written in most cases. Never take it for granted.
You can open in edge if u go to settings and add that URL to be opened by legacy internet explorer, ofc if your concern is lack of internet explorer in latest updates of win10 and win 11 in general

nitron

n3wb
Reaction score
Their manual is half written in most cases. Never take it for granted.
You can open in edge if u go to settings and add that URL to be opened by legacy internet explorer, ofc if your concern is lack of internet explorer in latest updates of win10 and win 11 in general
Thank you for our answer.
I am also interested to know if this kind of behavior is normal for this reference of camera.

I find it a little bit akward since in my experience this is the only HiKvision camera (relatively recent) that is only accessible in IE.

The web sites of other cameras may be accessed by other browsers like Chrome or Firefox.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for our answer.
I am also interested to know if this kind of behavior is normal for this reference of camera.

I find it a little bit akward since in my experience this is the only HiKvision camera (relatively recent) that is only accessible in IE.

The web sites of other cameras may be accessed by other browsers like Chrome or Firefox.
There were numerous models with error 404 Not Supported when using any other than IE. Dont take it as huge problem. Firmware webkit was written differently. Only way would be to replace webkit inside firmware :)