Hikvision contacts required

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

Does anyone have any contact details for Hikvision UK Technical Support? Phone or email would be nice.

Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
support.uk@hikvision.com is the one I've used in the past but you might be better asking here than them. Some examples:

1) They once told me to update a camera with the wrong firmware.
2) I doubt they will ever return with a solution to the e-mails not working. They could at least say use Gmail.
3) They also once told me a camera I had was a Chinese market grey import before I had even given them a serial number. It wasn't and then they changed their minds.

So this forum is my new support. We're happy to help if you explain the issue and don't get anywhere with the Hikvision UK sales support.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So this forum is my new support. We're happy to help if you explain the issue and don't get anywhere with the Hikvision UK sales support.
This forum is the Holy Grail for anyone interested in IP Cameras imo. :)

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Del Boy

I've started an email conversation with someone at Hikvision regarding one of my cameras; I'll let you know how it progresses.

One thing you can all help me with though; I uninstalled iVMS-4200 Client 2.5.0.3 because it was so unstable. I've installed 2.5.0.5 Lite but am in trouble now; non of the cameras are now showing! (I must have been really lucky the 1st time!)

In Device Management, on the Server Tab, my online device NVR is showing ok

I then added it to the Device for Management above & gave it a Nickname, it is showing but the Net status tab is showing "HCNetSDK.dll (Incorrect username or password, please try again)

When I click on the device, then modify, it gives me IP/Domain, already populated with Nickname, address, Port, Username & password.

Then clicking on IP Server, there is no nickname, server address, device ID, but the username & password are present.

Then there is a HiDDNS tab, with no nickname, device domain name, but username & password is there, as well as server address: www.hik-online.com

My question is should all these tabs be populated? If so, where do I get the missing info?

The operation on my phone & Ipad works a treat with their version of the software!!

Regards

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, just one. Either IP/Domain, IP Server or HiDDNS. The last one you do is the one it will use.

Where is your computer located? On the same network?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The PC is ethernet connected to the same router as the NVR.

I have the NVR hardwired HDMI to my main TV in the house; this is fully functionable.

Could I pick up any info from that to input if nescessary?

If I choose IP/Domain, should I clear out the other tabs completely?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just choose IP/Domain and put the local IP address of your NVR. No need for HiDDNS on local network.

Go to network settings in NVR to find this IP address.

Let me know how that goes please.

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Pop up box in bottom right - this user is locked

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're going to have to wait as it's locked you out. I think it's 1/2 hour from memory.

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I click on device for Management, The nickname box is highlighted in red. Perhaps this is the reason? I can't remember what I originally put, so how can I retrieve it?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your continued support Del Boy. I've emailed Hikvision as I believe they can reset me if I confirm my ID. Let's see what happens!!

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update - I've had an acknowledgement from a Tech Support Team Leader who says someone will ring me.

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair, you can see from my posts here that I'm expecting a call from Technical Support!

One question they can't seem to answer though is in this email from me:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I’ve just had 4 x [/FONT]DS-2CD2142FWD-1 all working fine.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

However, because of the positioning of one camera, intended to cover a certain view, we installed it at 90 degrees.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

There doesn’t seem to be the ability to manoeuvre the lens to achieve this.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I have attached a photo of the camera position.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

It was intended to cover the direction from which I have taken the photo.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Hoping you can help[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Regards"[FONT=&quot]

I have attached the photos. I just needed to know if its physically possible to adjust this camera (& the image in the system) to get the results
[/FONT]

IMG_20160605_141444501 (1).jpgAlunWickham_camera 2@DS-7608NI-E2-8P-A(590536558)_DS-7608NI-E2-8P-A(590536558)_20160607133442_41.jpg

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your continued support Del Boy. I've emailed Hikvision as I believe they can reset me if I confirm my ID. Let's see what happens!!
Yay, fingers crossed, hope you get better than I got.

If you can post screenshots then I'll try to help further.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Alastair, you can see from my posts here that I'm expecting a call from Technical Support!

One question they can't seem to answer though is in this email from me:

[FONT=&amp]"I’ve just had 4 x [/FONT]DS-2CD2142FWD-1 all working fine.

However, because of the positioning of one camera, intended to cover a certain view, we installed it at 90 degrees.

There doesn’t seem to be the ability to manoeuvre the lens to achieve this.

I have attached a photo of the camera position.

It was intended to cover the direction from which I have taken the photo.

Hoping you can help

Regards"[FONT=&amp]

I have attached the photos. I just needed to know if its physically possible to adjust this camera (& the image in the system) to get the results
[/FONT]

Open it up and use your fingers to rotate it. It's that easy.

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yay, fingers crossed, hope you get better than I got.

If you can post screenshots then I'll try to help further.

- - - Updated - - -

Open it up and use your fingers to rotate it. It's that easy.
Hi Del Boy, according to the manual, this is a "type 2" camera, offering 3 -axis adjustment ie. tilt adjust is 0-75 deg, pan angle 0-355 deg & hold the lens to rotate the camera 0-355 deg.

You would think you could point this thing just about anywhere! No one has said, yes but only if you mount it pointing down! It might be best taking it down & moving everything until the image appears correct on the screen; then see if it can be remounted. There is a rotate image 270 degrees available in the management software, I wonder if that might help?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it's the 2142 then it is 3-axis, you can point it anywhere. You need to play around with it a bit more.

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it's the 2142 then it is 3-axis, you can point it anywhere. You need to play around with it a bit more.
Hi Del Boy! Well it’s been a few days now since my system was installed. I've had some experience of Hikvision's Technical Support and as someone's already said - its crap! I've spoken to someone in the UK office regarding the monitoring software for my PC & got nowhere. It seems they can't access anything from their end so I'm stumped to get any application running.

I've also been in contact with a tech guy from China; this is because I can't get the applications running properly on both my iPAD or android phone. Surprisingly, he's actually said that they are reluctant to give support if you've bought the kit from anyone not "authorised" by them. I've dropped a line to Amazon UK regarding that!

I'm very reluctant to reset my system to Factory Settings in case I lose all functionality. I was wondering whether it might be worth looking at other software which is compatible with the Hikvision kit, even if I have to pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Del Boy! Well it’s been a few days now since my system was installed. I've had some experience of Hikvision's Technical Support and as someone's already said - its crap! I've spoken to someone in the UK office regarding the monitoring software for my PC & got nowhere. It seems they can't access anything from their end so I'm stumped to get any application running.

I've also been in contact with a tech guy from China; this is because I can't get the applications running properly on both my iPAD or android phone. Surprisingly, he's actually said that they are reluctant to give support if you've bought the kit from anyone not "authorised" by them. I've dropped a line to Amazon UK regarding that!

I'm very reluctant to reset my system to Factory Settings in case I lose all functionality. I was wondering whether it might be worth looking at other software which is compatible with the Hikvision kit, even if I have to pay for it.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Amazon UK are not what Hikvision consider an authorised dealer even if it's sold by Amazon rather than just fulfilled by Amazon.

What's the latest problem? Can you describe in full in just one post please?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Amazon UK are not what Hikvision consider an authorised dealer even if it's sold by Amazon rather than just fulfilled by Amazon.

What's the latest problem? Can you describe in full in just one post please?
Hi Del Boy. I've calmed down & taken stock of the position. Firstly, can I say to anyone using this forum, when you install your system, PLEASE remember your user name & password. Scratch it on the wall, tattoo it on your arm, tell the neighbour - anything! Because without it you are DEAD!! You can guess, this was my problem. Right, I have iVMS-4500 on my mobile; works most of the time, sometimes get error 8200 when setting display quality to Clear. Have installed iVMS-4200 Client version 2.3.69 build 20160202 on my PC from the disc that came with the NVR. Works most of the time but with multiple/duplicate pictures & "failed to get stream" errors from time to time in live view; still working on this. Have installed Skyview Cam HD version 3.3.2 build 20140930 on my iPAD (application looks suspiciously like based on Hikvisions!), working ok but I can't find where to improve the view quality; still working on this as well. I'm grateful for your patience through all this. Will trawl the web over time to look for any other applications that might do a better job but I'm satisfied for now.