Hikvision Config / Login - javascript woes

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Camera: DS-2CD2332-I
Firmware: V5.2.0 build 140721

It seems that in the old IE browser, the login process has a javascript bug, so I can't login (name and password is correct, just the login button never triggers).
But if I use a more modern browser (Chrome/Edge) the login javascript works, but the javascript on the Configuration / Image / Display Settings doesn't detects any changes I make, and so subsequently the "Saved" code and related popup never kick in.

The WebComponents thing doesn't seem to make a difference, either. I can dig up the specific Javascript console errors, if they might help.

Any advice?

(PS: grey import I'm guessing is EN firmware on a CN camera, so I'm nervous about doing a FW upgrade. I'm thinking maybe factory reset though?)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems that in the old IE browser, the login process has a javascript bug
Is the webcomponents plugin installed, enabled and allowed for the camera IP address?
Check under Settings | Manage plugins.

Maybe try adding the camera IP address to IE11 'Trusted Sites' in security settings.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
update using IVMS-4200 Its sounds like a firmware issue. But sometimes I find manually resetting the camera fixes this.

other things about microsofts's old browser:

About 3 years ago, the web coding society decided to stop writing adapter code for microsoft browsers. And its up to Microsoft to either change or come out with a different browser that utilizes standard code. So Imagine that would trickle into oem hardware world too. I already see routers not supporting ie