Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
That was actually 1/25th :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Here we go 1/250th sec but as I have a LED street light outside I can get away with 1/25th as you have seen. These settings are the White LED inbuild lights OFF.Hikvision.20210207_191639608.jpg

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here we go 1/250th sec but as I have a LED street light outside I can get away with 1/25th as you have seen. These settings are the White LED inbuild lights OFF.View attachment 81987
Absolutely crazy excellent. I will take a punt on that new supplier tomorrow as they delivered yours ok it seems :). Sorry Lorex / Dahua, looks like you have been out classed.

fvdwerdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Absolutely crazy excellent. I will take a punt on that new supplier tomorrow as they delivered yours ok it seems :). Sorry Lorex / Dahua, looks like you have been out classed.
I wonder when Dahua comes with these type of cameras as they are really excellent.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A few more tweeks set the Scene to Backlight which improves the picture greatly.
1/50th exposure.

Will post a small clip when someone walks past.

View attachment 81988View attachment 81989
If I buy one of these, it will be my first Hikvision, with Dahua you have to Initialise using Config Tool or other means, is this the same with Hikvision ?, If so, do I need to download a tool to do this as I expect my Dahua NVR might not be allowed to initialise ?. But will still be fine after initialised ?.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hikvisions SAPD tool you need and activate the camera and put it on your home's IP Network as it comes with 192.168.1.64 out the box.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just realized that I still have a 2MP camera out front. I thought they were all 4MP or better. ;) Would a 4MP version work here? I am a little worried about the focal length other wise I would move the 6mm to this spot. Here is the picture. I am looking for a good face picture as this is one of 3 cameras I have watching the cars out front.

Camera 4F.jpg

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just realized that I still have a 2MP camera out front. I thought they were all 4MP or better. ;) Would a 4MP version work here? I am a little worried about the focal length other wise I would move the 6mm to this spot. Here is the picture. I am looking for a good face picture as this is one of 3 cameras I have watching the cars out front.

View attachment 81993
What 2MP camera is it please ?. Certainly a 4MP i.e the HFW5442 series would be fine but we would need to know what you have i.e is that camera mounted very close to the cars as it looks that way, because if it is, the 4K 2.8mm of the ColorVu in discussion would be good I suspect to obtain pictures in colour at close in the dark. 4mm one also may be, I am think it's the width of view up close that pushes more to a 2.88mm.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What 2Mp camera is it please ?. Certainly a 4MP i.e the HFW5442 series would be fine but we would need to know what you have i.e is that camera mounted very close to the cars as it looks that way, because if it is, the 4K 2.8mm of the ColorVu in discussion would be good I suspect to obtain pictures in colour at close in the dark.
The current camera is a Dahua 2MP varifocal IPC-FW8232EP-Z, 4.1mm to 16.4mm with a 1/1.9" sensor. It is not a bad camera but I like this new Hikision. I have the HFW5442 in 7 other locations out front. including 2 for license plates.

Edit: I changed by 6mm version back to 1/60th. I will see how it goes tonight.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The current camera is a Dahua 2MP varifocal IPC-FW8232EP-Z, 4.1mm to 16.4mm with a 1/1.9" sensor. It is not a bad camera but I like this new Hikision. I have the HFW5442 in 7 other locations out front. including 2 for license plates.

Edit: I changed by 6mm version back to 1/60th. I will see how it goes tonight.
What it the varifocal set at ?, I.e as a guide to which one you would need. Hopefully this would give you a guide to if a 4mm or 6mm would be your best bet. I have seen nothing negative about the ColorVu cameras yet. Mind you, the true test is coming when I get mine and use it in very low light conditions :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What it the varifocal set at ?, I.e as a guide to which one you would need. Hopefully this would give you a guide to if a 4mm or 6mm would be your best bet. I have seen nothing negative about the ColorVu cameras yet. Mind you, the true test is coming when I get mine and use it in very low light conditions :)
It is set close to the 4mm setting with the current camera. However the problem is with the focal length. For instance the front windshield may be a blur it if it is to close to the camera. That is why I do not want to move the 6mm version to this spot. I am afraid the close in part would be blurry. I will go back and look at ljw2k's pictures again.

Last edited:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is set close to the 4mm setting with the current camera. However the problem is with the focal lenght. For instance the front windshield may be a blur it if it is to close to the camera. That is why I do not want to move the 6mm version to this spot. I am afraid the close in part would be blurry. I will go back and look at ljw2k's pictures again.
Yes, so hard to tell, not the type of item you can buy, fit it, find out no good and return for another version. Personally I think a 4mm one their would be good but as I say, cannot be 100%