Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2087G2-LU looks perfect for that location
only regret is maybe choosing a 6mm, a 4mm would have better sharpness at close range around the door, you can see the number on the blue / gray bin, they are not "sharp", they are too close

i choose a 6mm because back1 camera was where that camera is and it is a 6mm and it was perfect, the colorvu is way more "zoomed"

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes you must choose the right lens for the FOV that you want and TBH I would use a 4mm on the side view but the 6mm can be re focused to suit but messing about with removing the lens glue to enable to re focus for closer.
What you could try is that camera on your front view or even your back view and get a 4mm for side view ?

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes you must choose the right lens for the FOV that you want and TBH I would use a 4mm on the side view but the 6mm can be re focused to suit but messing about with removing the lens glue to enable to re focus for closer.
What you could try is that camera on your front view or even your back view and get a 4mm for side view ?
my minimum next year; 4k 4mm color vu in the front

if budget allow, i will look into switching my side camera to 4mm and move my 6mm at back2 camera position

and since the ptz is 1/1.9 i might try to move it at back1 (or back2 if i can't get a second 4mm) position only issue is that one is freaking huge, you have no idea :p

winter is coming and I don't want to play with any of this in cold temperature

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
What ever you decide remember the 3 golden rules and you won't be dissapointed

1./ Lght
2./Sensor Size 1/1.8" - 4mp max Res
3./Sensor Size 1/2.8" - 2mp max Res

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What ever you decide remember the 3 golden rules and you won't be dissapointed

1./ Lght
2./Sensor Size 1/1.8" - 4mp max Res
3./Sensor Size 1/2.8" - 2mp max Res
agree, i'm "new" to all this and i learned a lot since i started using camera and i'm still learning

CQR-View

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the 6MM in its current location. You can see that anything up close will be blurry.

View attachment 82698
I used DS-2CD2347G1 ColorVu Turrets with a 6mm Fixed Lens for this Install (See Attached Pics) ......................... Found them to be perfect for the application. Note Camera Image Pics are Screenshots via Hik-Connect.

Bit of Background:
4 Cameras are mounted on a post, fixed to a Roof Gable as seen in the first pics, 3 on the West Side of the House & 1 on the East.
Off memory they would be approx 3.5 - 4m from ground height. (Chook Yard is on another building, installed at approx. 2.4m high)
The property is semi-rural with very little abient light, which is evident considering the time stamp shows 6:13pm & its the middle of winter in Western Australia ........................ and the LED's are ON.

Even though there is still a glow from the setting sun in the Western sky, the sun was below the horizon & it was dark to the naked eye ......................
FYI - the fence you can see in the Image of the camera labelled "West" is 30m away from the Verandah of the house .................... you can see how far the LED light reaches in this shot.
But what stood out the most is the image from the Camera labelled "Stable" .............. which is facing East .............. which was actually darker to the naked eye than the West facing Cameras (setting sun glow was behind this camera), it must be noted that the Stable Camera had the same roof space to overcome as the West Side as well as a Single Carport Roof.

So in this application using a 6mm Lens & Installing the Camera at significant height (3.5-4m) provided images & coverage far better than the customer anticipated.

I've always been in the opinion, Install height is a key factor when considering 6mm lens options ......................
Anyway, something to consider

Best Regards
Gaz

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I got a surprise when I mounted a 6mm outback on a telephone pole at about 11 feet. Thought I'd have a wider shot, but as turns out it catches cars coming thru a bit of a trap zone at the back of the lot with plates visible. And with the LED on it seems to help although I have ample lighting out there. I set it up more as an LPR at night, rather than color night vision. Screenshot 2021-10-08 121800.pngScreenshot 2021-10-28 140157.png

jondotcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone get the DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) version of the camera to do 24fps at 4k? Mine won't go higher than 20fps. The website says it can do 24 or 25fps based on NTSC vs PAL.
I have a G3 version of the camera that is limited to 20fps at 4k. I have newer G5 versions of the camera which do 24fps at 4k.

jondotcom

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the camera and I cannot see a corridor mode. I do see changing left to right etc. Anyways I was just wondering.
I had to escalate an issue with Hikvision tech support to learn this, but...

The "Rotate" feature (corridor mode) isn't displayed when "Smart Event" is enabled (which is how it comes from the factory).

Go to Configuration > System > System Settings > VCA Resource and change it to "Monitoring". Then the "Rotate" option will show up under Image > Display Settings > Video Adjustment.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all, I notice that the firmware I see all has (C) on end now where when I bought mine, no such model existed. Is their a difference as I am going to be ordering some more soon and and want to make sure I am not getting old stock or something, plus and not least, someone down the street has a turret which automatically follows a person's face for better face detection etc, so I am told by the police when they visited my property recently for some footage, of course I cannot be having someone with better CCTV, is their a a Hikvision or Dahua that's good and can do this ?
(DS-2CD2087G2-LU Vs (DS-2CD2087G2-LU(C)

thanks all

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is face detection. Just check the Latest Color4K-X.
Thanks Andy, I will have a read up tonight, is this a motorised feature, I e if the cam is following the person, I guess it is, never had a dome, a ptz etc before, so certainly allot of research to do, how much does this camera cost delivered to UK ? and what is the OEM model no, I know to enable better customer service etc you have your own model no. These days. Thank you

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
FULL Color no good motorized lens cam, the colorvu and dahua's are good ones.
You want a auotracking PTZ?
Check SD5A425XA-HNR, this one is working great.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you Andy and ljw2k, time to read up and check up how much these are etc :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a as new 5-6 months old SD5A425XA-HNR in the classifieds for sale as upgrading to 8mp bigger sensor as you do :)

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks ljw2k for the heads up, I will come knocking if I decide to go down this path :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It's a brilliant camera for the money , have a look at Wildcats Excellent review and he also recommends this model.