Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
If anybody is interested, here is the difference at night between the Colorvu and a previous generation Hikvision.
Last image is with HLC at 79%. I am impressed.

old.jpegcolorvu.jpeg
HLC.jpeg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like some new cameras are ready to come out witht he 1/1.2" sensor. So far I have not seen a varifocal or a PTZ with that sensor.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The 1/1.2" on the Hikvision has been out now approx. 6 months and wouldn't be surprised if they are not planning a newer model even though other well known brands have yet to release this sensor. I would love to see this sensor in a reasonably priced PTZ and no doubt this will be the case but how long is anyone's idea.

NET1

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone stocking the 6MM in the US? Understand there are delays but I can't find any listings anywhere.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

NET1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey boys

Real Stock in this time at hikvision factory, the orders can process on next Wednesday/Thursday. 3 months waiting.
We have lots of backorder, so the left for selling not too many left.
This time we get all with hik logos. :eek:

Ordered a few thank you for the heads up!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone explain why the 4mm and the 6mm are the most popular options?
It has to do with the Detect, Observe, Recognize, Identify (DORI) distances and the smaller the number, the more wide the angle, but closer the object needs to be for IDENTIFICATION purposes.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
By the way I have taken the 6mm version appart and I am going to see if I can adjust the focus. Not hard at all to take appart.

Edit: I took a couple of pictures of the camera being appart. There are two plastic clips that you push down on at the front bottom to release the face plate. After that there are 4 screws that you now have access to in order to take the camera cases appart. I used a #1 Philips and was very careful. The adjusting part of the lens has some type of black "goop" to keep the adjustment part from moving. I was able to remove the goop in 3 places using and Xacto knife. I can now turn the lens adjustment. I will set it all up tomorrow and play with it. Here are the pictures.

View attachment 85249

View attachment 85250
Thanks for this. My 4mm came from factory way out of focus. I will adjust mine today hopefully

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for this. My 4mm came from factory way out of focus. I will adjust mine today hopefully
This is unacceptable and Dahua have gone down lately with QC. I would get on to who ever sold you the camera and have it collected and a new one sent out under warranty. Remember if you split the camera and seal then you might run into problems further down the line without warranty.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or it could be a case of the intended focus distance of the fixed cam is (yes they are designed and constructed with an optimal focus distance and not infinity) and someone is using it in a field of view that doesn't match up well with that and they are trying to use it closer or farther than the designed distance...

Or it could simply be out of focus. But an easy fix for those inclined.