Hikvision cameras keep detecting the dog

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a DS-7108NI-Q1/8P/M NVR, a DS-2DE2C400MW-DE(F0)(S7) camera, and three DS-2CD1347G2H-LIU cameras. The DS-2CD1347G2H-LIU cameras have the SMD 2 technology, and on paper they can detect people, and vehicle specifically. When I enable alerts, motion detection, and human detection, they however detect my dog too. Should it detect everything even though human detection is enabled? The sensitivity is pretty high around 80 to make sure it turns on the white light during the night when it senses motion. Inerestingly enough, they won't turn the lights on when they see the dog, but they keep sending me alerts if I enable them. Can I set them up the way they will only detect humans?

Thanks!

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
What do mean by min/max values? I can’t recall such settings.

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
Under Event / Basic event I only have the option to enable motion detection, to draw the area, to set sensitivity, to schedule, to select the channel, to set the type of the alert, and to select if it’s a human, car, or both.

if I go to Advanced, and try to select a camera under Intrusion detecteion for instance, it says no camera supports that feature. The DS-2DE2C400MW-DE doesn’t have SMD 2.0, but the other three should have it.

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is what Hikvision says about the camera:

Event
Basic Event: Motion detection (support alarm triggering by specified target types (human and vehicle)),video tampering alarm,exception

To me this means I should be able to set up humans only as triggers.

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
That is where it gets interesting, there is no such setting if I look at the NVR in a browser:

event.jpg

If I look at the settings on the NVR itself, I have the intrusion detection option, but it says none of the cameras support that. Shouldn't that be an NVR feature?

There's also no Smart event, but SMD events menu, but there it says for every camera, that "Does not support this function". Under Other event, it says the same thing. Same if I try to enable VCA (not sure if this is the regular VCA setting, because I also don't have that):

vca.jpg

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't, there is no option to enable the virtual host function, it should be here:

vhost.jpg

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you mean by that? A laptop, connected to the NVR, so it will be on 192.168.254.xxx? Is that even possible?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why wouldnt it be possible, just assign yourself 254.50 or something so you can actually access camera

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks to me like these are 'dumbed down' cameras with no smart event capability.

That significantly reduces the ability to fine tune the event generation to avoid getting those that you do not want.
Motion detection is the most basic of event types and is quite limited.

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
But then why it says that they have SMD 2.0, and can identify humans and cars? Then there's no point in that...

I checked the NVR itself, I can't enable intrusion detection because it says there are no cameras:

nvr.jpg

Also checked the camera directly, no smart event there either.

cam.jpg

I'm pretty angry, I purchased these cameras because on the Hikvision site it says "Basic Event: Motion detection (support alarm triggering by specified target types (human and vehicle)),video tampering alarm,exception". I wouldn't eve need anything else, just that it only triggers on humans...

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe if I install the firmware of a not dumbed down camera with the same board? I have no clue though how to check which board this has, and which cameras have the same board…

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ah alastair is right, your cameras are cheap version of scusense technology. Serie 1 is dumbed down as he said, meaning predefined calibration which you cant tweak.

Sorry i didnt noticed this earlier and made you on a ghost chase

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe if I install the firmware of a not dumbed down camera with the same board? I have no clue though how to check which board this has, and which cameras have the same board…
That would require bypassing a model check. And thats something not even alastair can with newer cams if i'm not mistaken :D

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
No worries, thanks for the help! But then why there is the option to recognize humans? It’s there but it doesn’t work?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It does work to some extend, it does work in scenes they were train on. Meaning Hikvision assigned min/max values defaults that you just cant see nor change. And it happens that it does not suit your scene.

If it were simple motion, you would get hundreds of false alarm on a single movement. Not just a dog