Hikvision 7832n-E2 problem

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had the above nvr for about 18 months now and all has been well up to a few days ago.

I'm having a problem with recording and live view not recording or previewing on live view properly.
It's started skipping and pausing and freezing by up to 5 seconds at a time.

The nvr has a 1tb WD purple drive attached that I've checked for errors etc and all comes back good.

I've got 6 cameras connected 4 running at 2mp (1080p) and 2 running at 1.2mp (720p)

I've tried the usual reboot etc to no avail and I've also checked each camera independently and all work fine as does opening up ivms and tiny cam with all cameras running just like the nvr.

I have a mix of hikvision and dahua cameras but it's happening on the hik cams as well as the dahua so I can rule out brand issues.

I've also checked as much as I can my network and all seems fine

Any help appreciated

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The nvr has a 1tb WD purple drive attached that I've checked for errors etc and all comes back good.
Was this the SMART self-test, or did you look at all the SMART attribute values?

It's started skipping and pausing and freezing by up to 5 seconds at a time.
Do you see this on both / either the web GUI and the VGA/HDMI interface?

I've also checked each camera independently
Implies they are LAN-based as opposed to NVR PoE port based.
How easy would it be to swap the NVR LAN cable as an experiment?
Does the switch it's connected to provide packet error counts?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi alastair

Swapping the nvr man cable would be quite trivial as a initial test but would be doable as a last resort so I won't rule that out.

I checked as far as I could and as much as my knowledge allows on both the SMART self tests end the attributes. But I'm not saying I haven't missed something or read something wrong as I know a little but not as much as more experienced networking people.

In terms of the skipping I only see this on the nvr.
The web gui of all cams and mobile view on all cams is fine. Which does to me at least point to the nvr or networking.

Cameras are lan based to the network itself but 4 of the cams are running via Poe switch.

Although as a aside to this 1 of the cams that I'm seeing effected is powered directly from mains power so I'm not sure it would be poe switch related as that particular camera also is wired to my network independent (the first cam I installed so would be a nightmare rmto 're route so left alone)