Hikvision 4K PTZ 36x Zoom Camera - Model DS-2DF8836IV-AELW

Reaction score
Nice, but the price tag is so much expensive ! ~3000 US$ ...
Do you know if similary cam exist around ~1000 US$ @ 1080p ?

I'm looking to POE CAM like this install on the wall of my house with NAS Synology recording.

Best Regards.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Elrick...

There are lots of great PTZ POE cameras that run at 1080P. Here's one from Hikvision that I've purchased in the past:

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-AW-UE70-Network-Indoor-Camera/dp/B015IGOKC4/ref=pd_sbs_504_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B015IGOKC4&pd_rd_r=4WYQC9RMNFKADFE1GMN0&pd_rd_w=DLpVo&pd_rd_wg=kLCVM&psc=1&refRID=4WYQC9RMNFKADFE1GMN0

It's a quite decent camera, decent night-vision (not starlight quality, but still pretty nice). And the prices is around $450.

I think it's only a mater of time when these 4K cameras will come down from the stratosphere (price wise). I know I am paying a lot more now, but that's a cost I'm willing to bear. I have seen 4K cameras coming down in price in every category EXCEPT for PTZ's. Does anyone know why this is? I started a different thread about this where I was posing the question about why drone-tech can deploy 4K PTZ cameras (yes PT and Z) in a small and relatively cost-affordable way, but home security tech is languishing behind?

For example, Panasonic sells this ridiculously expensive 4K indoor PTZ's

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-AW-UE70-Network-Indoor-Camera/dp/B015IGOKC4/ref=pd_sbs_504_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B015IGOKC4&pd_rd_r=4WYQC9RMNFKADFE1GMN0&pd_rd_w=DLpVo&pd_rd_wg=kLCVM&psc=1&refRID=4WYQC9RMNFKADFE1GMN0

Now, they charge anywhere from $4100 - $5200 and for what? There is nothing in those specs that I can see warrants the price. Is it because they are the only ones with 4K in that form factor? Amcrest and others have very similar looking form factors, but seem somehow stuck at 1080p? It's a head-scratcher because this picture has not changed in over 2 years.

If anyone knows the answer or if I'm missing something, I'd be very interested to hear from you!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
You paste twice time the same weblink, so it's help me ;)

I try to find a good cam Day & Night with POE / PTZ with price tag max of ~1000 US$
Do you know if they are a lot of difference between Hikvision or Dahua ?