Hikvision 2T42WD-I5 4MP EXIR IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm Not Detected By NVR

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently purchased two Hikvsion 2T42WD-I5 4MP EXIR IP cameras for my NVR - which is the Hikvision ds-7608ni-e2/8p firmware version 3.3.6 build 151229. Because the NVR is running on a property overseas I tested the cameras here in the States using Blue Iris prior to sending them to Europe. They worked fine, but I made a mistake by not resetting them to factory default settings prior to sending them. When a relative of mine (located in Europe) tried connecting them to the NVR, they were not detected. The IR light would show that they have power via the POE port on the NVR, but when the person connecting them checked the NVR display and I checked it remotely - they just wouldn't show up.

My question is what are my options now?

I'm not really familiar with these particular cameras and can't find a manual for them online that would show the location of the reset button. I assume that it's somewhere in the front under what covers the lens and the IR lights. If anyone is familiar with these particular cameras, please let me know.

My second option is asking my relative to connect them to a router (they would have to buy a POE injector first) and from there I would locate the cameras using Team Viewer and reset them to factory settings. I know how to change the IP on the router using the necessary Hikvision tools, so that part is not a problem.

My NVR is currently running a Plug & Play configuration.

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They may have a 12v wallwart they can use to power it when hooked to the router. Portable harddrives use 12v connectors, a lot of routers do to if they have an old one they can use the 12v from it.

or you could have them mannually put the ip/password into the nvr with what you set it up to.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doesn't look like there's a reset button base on this:

Bullet camera.JPG

I think if you default the NVR while the cameras are plugged in that will help with adding the camera (its worth a try, not 100% sure)