Hikvision 2532 Hates Me

jgpaquin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have poured through the forums and tried everything I could find, but...

I have a DS-2CD2532-IWS, manufactured 02/2015, and shipped with firmware V5.2.8_141231. It quit broadcasting yesterday and the web tool would not respond. It was connected via a router, so I attached it to my computer via the LAN port, and I could still not get to the web tool. SADP / iVMS-4200 showed me that the camera existed, and I was able to change the IP address, etc., but that was as far as I could go. Thinking the firmware may have gotten corrupted somehow, I have tried to flash pretty much every firmware under the sun with the TFTP tool. It always appears successful (i.e. I get the message "Device[192.0.0.64]system update completed!"), but the camera still doesn't seem to do anything. I can PING 192.0.0.64 and I always get a response, but beyond that it looks like the camera is completely bricked.

What else can I try?

bearclaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What version of the firmware does SADP report that the Camera is running? Does it report something about Min System?

jgpaquin

n3wb
Reaction score
SADP isn't reporting the camera anymore, but I have seen Min System show up in the serial number for the device on iVMS-4200.

jgpaquin

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having some luck with that version of 5.2.5 - thanks! I'm not sure how I missed that one in the threads. Is there something special about that build that helps it work better?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not really, but 5.28 has many bugs in the firmware making it unstable.