Hikvision 2432F-IW picture quality issue?

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just bought a new 2432 and have it hooked up poe and I configured on smart phone app and the night pic looks crappy...shadows and pixelated or something. Attached is the pic...any ideas:

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Roman Yes, if you are using the hikvision smartphone app, it is pulling the substream..go to your camera settings audio/video and select subtream from the drop down...then bump the resolution to the highest and set the max bitrate to 1024 or 2048 from the default 256....
On the app itself you can also select clear balanced or fluent...you can also pull as custom resolution or the primary stream..but its not needed on a cell phone.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fenderman-

I am using ipcam viewer app. I just attached the pic...I have another Hikvision cam ( 2332 turret) and it looks great on the app, web, whatever...but this one something is just not right!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like its the substream..have you changed the substream settings as suggested? The image you posted is 320x240 which is the default substream res...increase it to the highest resolution and change the bitrate to 1024 or 2048 and video quality settings to high..

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fenderman-

Thanks for ur help, I changed substream settings as u directed...704x480 for resolution which is the max it will go and bit rate to 2048. I still have higher bit rate options I could chose but I selected that as u directed. I just saved changes and went back to app and I think it looks a little better.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another thing that is odd...the cam's sensitivity from day to night mode. I have the cam hooked up and it was in night mode even though it's daytime outside, although it is rainy and gloomy out today. There are lights on in the kitchen where the cam is hooked up but still was in night mode. It wasn't until I got up and put on another set of lights did the cam switch into color. Here is the kicker, I turned back off the second set of lights and the cam still stayed in color mode? If it wasn't enough to switch it in the first place why would it now stay in color after turning back off the lights?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is known to have an issue with needing lots of light to stay in day mode...there is a setting you can adjust that may help a bit...it should be in the image settings under day night switch..if that doesnt help you have three options... use the schedule to force day mode during daytime hours, enlarge the hole around the photocell as described by @erkme73 in the link below or just live with the black and white image...
http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=8759.msg52294#msg52294

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fenderman or anyone else familiar with this cam, has anyone else noticed the cam is not interacting well with the BI mobile app? I tried this past weekend and clicked on both the headphones icon and the microphone icon and neither worked. The microphone icon you can speak into it and some words came out the camera but you cannot begin to understand what is being said....it's all scrambled basically.

And as for the headphones for listening that does not work at all on the app. I tried listening from being logged in on the pc (via the camera's webpage itself) and that seemed to work as far as the listening function.

I just figured with this being a popular and often recommended camera that someone would have mentioned to the developer by now.

Thanks for your assistance / input....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have since installed this camera so i dont have it for testing..
Make sure you phone has a good connection....if you are running the camera wifi then the talk will be kind of garbled if you dont have a strong connection-i think the camera prioritizes video..but the listening should be fine...you can try messing with the audio codec options on the cam to see if one works better...i did notice that the audio was in fact better when using the hikvision app..you might want to send ken a message about that and see what he says...its probably related to the audio compression on the mobile app itself...a good way to test is to use the talk and listen function directly from the blue iris pc console and see if its any better...

David_231

n3wb
Reaction score
The audio is horrible on this camera, You could not have any type of conversation with anyone, it will be a garbled mess, even on wifi at home. The mic even on 100% is weak.. just terrible.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The audio is horrible on this camera, You could not have any type of conversation with anyone, it will be a garbled mess, even on wifi at home. The mic even on 100% is weak.. just terrible.
What are you using to communicate with the camera? The audio worked great when i had mine for testing. You must have something set incorrectly or a poor connection.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree, it's not very good on any of the Hikvision cameras like this cube compared to my AVTech and Axis cubes I have. I don't need audio, so for me the picture quality and having an IR cut filter on a cube is cool, but audio is lacking. Have you tried an external mic? I believe it has connectors on the back for a mic. I bought a mic and will do some testing, maybe next week and see if that's better.

David_231

n3wb
Reaction score
Using the IVMs-4500 the cell phone and the camera is also very close to the router signal 98%. The mic portion is bearable but trying to talk to someone comes out a garbled mess. I have tried the different codecs in the camera... still the same thing, all you get is a bunch of feedback basically. No external mic yet .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Using the IVMs-4500 the cell phone and the camera is also very close to the router signal 98%. The mic portion is bearable but trying to talk to someone comes out a garbled mess. I have tried the different codecs in the camera... still the same thing, all you get is a bunch of feedback basically. No external mic yet .
Maybe its something with the newer firmware....i think the one i had was 5.1.6...sounded awesome..have you tired via the browser?