Hikivision - IP Cam - How to Force a firmware into an IP CAM

ipcamuser11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both of these firmware files are on hikvision.com/cn

IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.5.88_200602.zip
IPC_G0_CN_STD_5.5.88_200610.zip

Make sure both were tried. I suspect it may not help though as one of them is in the 2XXX firmware package.
ipc_g0_cn_std_5-5-89_210429 this is the corresponding firmware associated with his serial number, should be correct

tazman

n3wb
Reaction score
well done, That's new, now with new firmware you have the "not supported page"... I did not have it before and always use chrome :)

well now I have:
1684165781097.png

Which sounds good ;)
Do you know the default password... and how to change language ?

Attachments

ipcamuser11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well done, That's new, now with new firmware you have the "not supported page"... I did not have it before and always use chrome :)

well now I have:
View attachment 163111

Which sounds good ;)
Do you know the default password... and how to change language ?
It’s asking you to set the new password, you can’t change language, there’s only Chinese language in a Chinese domestic model

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At this point just be glad you kinda got the camera back. Hopefully you have another camera of the same model that you can open up both GUI at the same time to see what is what.

It going into Chinese is a caution we tell people here - you run the risk of bricking it or it go into Chinese.

tazman

n3wb
Reaction score
You're right. I never noticed that point before, but with the new firmware if you do not use IE, it tries to tell the web browser is not suppoted. Of course I'm using linux :) but never mind I have a wmware with window and IE ;)

So now, the CN firmware for the G0 (version 5.89) is in the box and it looks like that:
Screenshot_20230515_195346.png

That's better.
I tried to use the hiktool05R1 but I didn't manage to change language. When I try, the firmware is not updated into the IPCam
Any idea ?

Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As we said, you updated a Chinese hacked camera and are lucky you didn't brick it. So you updated and now it is in Chinese - consider yourself lucky because it could have bricked.

You can contact the seller and see if they can send you the hacked firmware and then don't update it again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To set configuration values in English, you should be able to use the Batch Configuration Tool. Should be available in the Downloads section of ipcamtalk.
The time was when you could use the Translate function of Chrome to see English menus but they've blocked that now...

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
@wittaj @watchful_ip I have similar issue.
I got a DS-2CD3145F-IS (dome) few years ago which has 5.4.52 firmware on it. I am pretty sure it is hacked Chinese as the sticker on camera shows 5.5.0_170728 firmware.

hik no nas.jpg

I do not have NVR and use NAS storage for recording (I have 4 other Hikvisions than can record to NAS)
everything is fine with camera except it can not record either on SD card or into NAS. because of this I just put it away and did not use it. (obviously if you can not record, camera is useless)

is there a way to fix this issue with current firmware? if not if I put the original Chinese firmware or the one @tazman did (screenshot in few post ago) will this fix the NAS recording storage issue?
I don't mind the Chinese language as long as it can work. (better than camera collecting dust in my closet!!!!)