HIK Vision Cameras

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 HIK Vision cameras I would like to restore to the default password and username 12345 and admin. I want to use them on a Cobra NVR from Harbor Freight. I have the configuration files downloaded from the cameras by using http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK. I have tried looking at the files to extract the password but find nothing of use. Does anybody know what tool to use to extract the User name and password, and willing to share that information. Alternately would someone with that knowledge please extract that information for me. I have the 4 port HIKVision nvr the cameras came with and have the password to it, but I have fumble fingered the passwords to the cameras. I notice one of the files is much larger than the other, but don't know why that is.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Alternately would someone with that knowledge please extract that information for me.
Yes, that can be done.

For configurationFile3 from camera HIKVISION DS-2CD2335-I - 607193231 the password for admin is
NaKeD2920

For configurationFile6 from camera HIKVISION DS-2CD3332-I - 512138995 the password for admin is
NaKeD2920

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you.
The Password worked perfectly The other camera stops camera number three from working or the nvr from even see it. I think I actually was able to change the IP on it and unfortunately got it set to 192.168.254.3 same as camera number three. Now that I have access I should be able to learn what makes these tick. I got these off a guy in Huntington Wv, home of Marshall University. The password makes me wonder what kind of mischief he was up to. Thanks again. Using the SADP Tool I changed the IP address, the password that I always use worked and the third camera is up and working on the system.

Last edited:

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you get old even little successes are a big deal. I changed the ip address on one of the HIK Vision cameras to 10.10.25.158, net mask 255.255.0.0 . I looked on the cobra NVR and It saw it. Add it as onvif and it works. So the HIKVision cameras will work on the cheap 4K NVR from Harbor freight. I was surprised at the huge menu structure in the HIKVision camera.
Thanks for opening the door.

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Cobra NVR are back on sale 125 US dollars for the NVR and 2 Cameras. Here is a picture of the set up for the cameras. It appears to be pretty versatile, which, with all the camera makers out there is a good thing. I am sure some of the specs will not exceed do it yourself standards. But if you make your own justice, this is more than what you need. Most of the time you take this stuff before a judge and they'll charge you with a crime and use your evidence against you. Just to show how smart they are.

Attachments

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Back to the HIK Vision NVR. The Swann Home Safe View Will allow the display of HIK Vision Cameras From the HIK Vision
NVR. I have not been able to get the Cobra to work here. The pictures of the lamp is the HIKVision Cameras the others are the Swann Cameras. I think where I am headed is Blue Iris after I get finished screwing around.

NVRhiksv.pnghsv1.png

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Further more the Swann cameras can be added to the list of cameras that will work on the Cobra NVR. Apparently when you first install a camera on the NVR8-8580 It changes the password to what ever you set the password to be on your NVR8-8580. I don't know that all Swann systems do that or just this one. There has to be a level above admin on these nvr's, a Tech level above admin. The HIK Vision NVR has a bunch of settings that do a bunch of things with other equipment other than cameras. A factory programming level. Anybody know? What prompted the inquiry was someone wanted to turn the Swann watermark off on the camera. Disabling in the nvr does not turn it off on each camera, so, I hooked it up to the cobra NVR and the watermark is still there. The watermark is therefore originated in the camera. I haven't logged into the camera yet, but the HIK Vision had a watermark setting I'm betting the Swann does also.