Hik intercom doorbell

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can't really find any information on these, has anyone hooked up a intercom doorbell? Do they allow 2way chat via vms 4500? Via a nvr? Don't know if I want one, would be cool but

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They do but it's a bit delayed, and if you have slow connection it's almost pointless as an intercom.

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Already maxed out my phones plan a week after getting my nvr online, best I steer clear from this then lol max internet speed we can get is 100mbps at home but that's peak in reality it's half of that.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
This is my first time hearing about this, looks pretty cool. Currently I set up my Z-Wave system to grab a snapshot from my hik facing the door when someone rings the doorbell.

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I couldn't find much information either and the fact I've maxed out my 8ch nvr I'm hesitant to buy a 16 or set up blue iris as I'll keep buying cameras

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is my first time hearing about this, looks pretty cool. Currently I set up my Z-Wave system to grab a snapshot from my hik facing the door when someone rings the doorbell.
Your setup sounds interesting, Could you tell me how you set this up? I do have a Z-Wave system as well as several Hik cameras.

Thanks

jon102034050

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your setup sounds interesting, Could you tell me how you set this up? I do have a Z-Wave system as well as several Hik cameras.

Thanks
I use a similar setup. My doorbell is integrated as a zone with my security system (Elk M1), this is integrated with my lighting controller (ISY), so when the doorbell is pressed, the ISY posts an HTTP message to a raspberry pi that is just running a small netcat listener, when it gets a certain HTTP post to it, it'll cURL my Hikvision front door camera. Then, it'll take this and, using Pushbullet, post an Android notification to my phone. All this takes <10 seconds, much quicker than I can get to my actual door.