Hik-Connect App not showing thumbnails on iphone

beetle123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Firstly, I want to apologise as I am not very tech-savvy so forgive me if the details I provide or terminology I use are insufficient or irrelevant!

I have recently had a HiLook indoor unit and doorbell installed - model number V2.1.4 build 220905. Everything works fine on the indoor unit but on the Hik-Connect app on my iphone I can't see any thumbnail photos of the visitor on the call notifications - just a little phone symbol. I can see the thumbnails on the indoor unit but not the phone app.

I contacted my installer for help but he told me to connect Hikvision directly myself as he's not available and their advice was to: please go to settings -> preference -> enable shortcuts. Unfortunately, I don't have any of these options on my unit once I go into Settings on the phone or indoor unit. I explained this to them and they then said: Please contact your previous installer or google a licensed CCTV installer to go to your site and help you. Or you could try to reach out to the product supplier for assistance.

I'm not sure why they won't provide the steps to me directly and despite my best efforts, I'm unable to get assistance from any of the people they suggested I reach out to.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should do to get the thumbnails working on my iphone I'd much appreciate it. I tried googling and looking through this forum but the fix most people seem to suggest is the one mentioned above and the unit home screen they talk about has a little house icon on it which mine does not.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Attachments

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
I went through the same thing with them about 3 years ago and never ended up finding a result. You are lucky because hikvision wouldn't even talk to me about it they kept saying that I need to talk to the installer (me) and then said your not a registered installer talk to where you bought it from (they couldn't help either)

I only have the door bell and not the indoor station.

I was told at the time the reason for the image not showing up was because the unit didn't have anywhere to store the image.

I assume that this is still the case and nothing has been done about it.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Newer firmware have that option disabled by default(Hikvision).

On indoor station settings - then middle icon on vertical nav and then shortcut settings, enable Snapshot.

Does not necessarily needs to be same case for HiLook. Worth a try its same UI

beetle123

n3wb
Reaction score
I went through the same thing with them about 3 years ago and never ended up finding a result. You are lucky because hikvision wouldn't even talk to me about it they kept saying that I need to talk to the installer (me) and then said your not a registered installer talk to where you bought it from (they couldn't help either)

I only have the door bell and not the indoor station.

I was told at the time the reason for the image not showing up was because the unit didn't have anywhere to store the image.

I assume that this is still the case and nothing has been done about it.
Sorry to hear you had a similar experience! I think I am close to giving up too. It blows my mind how unhelpful they are when one would assume it should just be a simple setting.

beetle123

n3wb
Reaction score
Newer firmware have that option disabled by default(Hikvision).

On indoor station settings - then middle icon on vertical nav and then shortcut settings, enable Snapshot.

Does not necessarily needs to be same case for HiLook. Worth a try its same UI
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, my screen is a bit different because I have the HiLook and not the Hikvision indoor unit. When I click on settings on my indoor unit, I only have 3 options in my vertical nav (call settings, wifi, and the bottom one is called 'more'). Other screenshots that I have seen online (which must all be of the Hikvision screen) have a fourth icon in the vertical nav - the little house - which is where the shortcut settings option seems to be that everyone says is the fix. I've attached photos of my screen vs. the other screen so you can see what I mean. Perhaps, I am wrong and am missing a step though?

Attachments

Last edited:

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help your situation however this is my current setup and I have finally managed to get it working.

So I only have the DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) it is wired to my POE network switch and then I just use my NVR to record footage from it. It had been a little while since I have done an update and this prompted me to have a look (thanks!) so checked it out on the website. I was a few versions behind so I updated it using the FW found on this page (Australian) DS-KV6113-WPE1(B)

This for whatever reason now displays the screenshot images. I have no idea where it is saving the images I can't find them on my NVR or my home MAC. So I can only assume its maybe using some internal memory somehow? Or they are stored on the Hikvision server?

Could be something worth looking into.