Hik bullet Install with custom mounting plates

Joe

n3wb
Reaction score
For vinyl siding, they sell these so the camera can sit nice and flat and actually look nice as well.

I think I will want one of these style plates when if I get a DS-2CD2532F-I for by my front door. But I'm in Canada and it seems for me to buy one here would cost about $55 each.:sad2: Here is the link (with thanks to whoever posted it someplace else on this forum) to the company that makes them Arlington | Siding Mounting Blocks here is the one I might want http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/files/pdf/sections/L-4.pdf here is one online seller Arlington 8161 Vertical Siding Lamp Mounting Kit with Built-In Box for Flat Surfaces, White, 1-Pack: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement. I only would need it for three reasons, 1) to push the camera out slightly from the wall (this might not even be a good idea because of how close the camera will already be to be subject), 2) to cover the electrical box that is already in the brick wall (was used originally for a wall sconce wall, I replaced with a pot light), and 3) I like the Hexagon shape, I think would make the DS-2CD2532F-I look more 'friendly' on the wall.

Below is a picture of where I want to place the camera, you can see the old 4" electrical box is covered, and the mailbox below, and that the space is about 4'6" (or less) wide.

Here is a shot of the camera that currently views the door.
Here is what that camera sees

Attachments

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OP any idea if making a waterproof box for this is oossible? I hate putting that big of holes in buildings

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Possible. I don't think it would be cheap, do the the size needed to house the RJ45 barrel. What about making a dual camera plate for a Bell 5361-1?