Hik bullet Install with custom mounting plates

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to mount 2-3 bullets (DS-2CD2032-I) per plate, so I designed up some plates in 3D CAD and had them fabricated from 6061-T6. The design uses 4 x #10 flat head screws to mount and then you attach 2 cameras. I added the holes to support a 3rd camera in the middle, by drilling the middle cable hole. The tapped holes for mounting the 3rd camera is already on the plate.

I spray painted them with primer and brushed painted with the house exterior color. I even painted over the Hikvision logo to keep wife happy.

I was able to install thru the attic, so I drilled a 1.375" hole thru the stucco (started with a carbide bit hole saw (pilot drill), but finished with diamond grit (no center drill bit, but way faster than carbide bit).

I mounted the plate with 2 x Toggler Alligator anchors (AF6), more than strong enough. The design allows for 4 screws, but these anchors are strong. I used all stainless hardware and added a bead of silicone around the plates when done.

Plate with 3rd camera installed, just need to drill a hole.

Showing the mounting screw holes.

Painteed & installed

I have 2 x 4mm cameras on the wall, not quite 180°, a 3rd camera would get me 180° with overlap. According to HIK, the angle of view: 75.8°. Not sure if this is horizontal angle or diagonal.

So far I have 3 of these setups on the house, but my next project is dual Turrets DS-2CD2332-I. The design is ready, just need to fabricate 1 of these.

After that, I have to put one of these by the front door. I still need to design the plate and get it wife approved for looks.

Attachments

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice job, I wounder if a 3D printed version would work.....

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice and clean. Let me know when you start selling them :)

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think you could use 3D printed parts, I just used aluminum since its easy. If anyone wants the CAD models of the cameras, let me know.

The Horizontal FOV is about 65 degrees (5.07mm sensor width, 3.38mm sensor height, 4mm focal length). http://www.scantips.com/lights/fieldofview.html.

75 degrees diagonal.

You would think 1080 would be narrower than 3MP (2048).

I'll measure it when I get a chance to confirm. MaxIcon's method might be flawed. He's assuming the lens' principal point is where the sensor is. There are better tools to calculate the exact focal length & FOVs from images.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think you could use 3D printed parts, I just used aluminum since its easy. If anyone wants the CAD models of the cameras, let me know.

The Horizontal FOV is about 65 degrees (5.07mm sensor width, 3.38mm sensor height, 4mm focal length). http://www.scantips.com/lights/fieldofview.html.

75 degrees diagonal.

You would think 1080 would be narrower than 3MP (2048).

I'll measure it when I get a chance to confirm. MaxIcon's method might be flawed. He's assuming the lens' principal point is where the sensor is. There are better tools to calculate the exact focal length & FOVs from images.
Not sure about the exact measurements but i can tell you with certainty that you will get a wider horizontal fov in 1080p mode (with hikvision cameras).

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A very schmick looking mounting plate. I'd also be interested in one to suit the turrets if you get around to selling them.

Also what is the chances you might be interested in creating one for 2 x 2732 VF dome?

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A very schmick looking mounting plate. I'd also be interested in one to suit the turrets if you get around to selling them.

Also what is the chances you might be interested in creating one for 2 x 2732 VF dome?
Possibly could design you one. Not sure if I'm planning on selling them, I would need to get big batches to get the price down or figure out a different material.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure where you are located, but most hardware stores such as Loews and Home Depot carry them.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would buy a ton of them from you if you had a matching outdoor weatherproof box. Jealous

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For vinyl siding, they sell these so the camera can sit nice and flat and actually look nice as well.

How about a name? navigating on lower or home depot to find a item is like trying to get responses from rocks. But ill answer the question others wanted its called a mounting block its under the siding section of home depot website

Mounting Blocks - Siding - The Home Depot

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update, I needed to mount a single turret, so I created this plate.

Had 2 made on the aqua jet/water saw Then I tapped, countersunk the mounting holes and some sanding before paint.

Finished mounted on the wall, after drilling stucco, attic crawling and wire fishing.

Has anyone painted their cameras to match the wall?

Attachments