Hi! NEED a better suggestion (82 US is cheap) Hikvision Nuublet - DS-2CD3145f-I 4MP

zarek

n3wb
Reaction score
Need help on a widescreen outdoors dome camera sitting under the roof in every corner of the house.
A. What lens should I use? Cameras sit 4 meters above ground with 270 or 180 degree views. One for entrance.
B. Total 8 cameras. One for entrance.
C. Preferably H.265 due to bandwidth
D. Night vision 10m ( I dont care if they are further away )
E. Need to identify faces for a police report - 4MP ok?

Y. Do I need 2 separate gigabit Switches due to bandwidth?
Z. Will run on a PC with Genious or maybe iSPY (Need email alerts mainly, so you are free to give me a software tip here)

Tips for Hikvision DS-2CD3145f-I 4MP
1. Must use Firefox browser - windows 10
2. iSPY tip: config URL/source/... rtsp://admin:1234567a@192.168.1.101/
3. iSPY tip: Must use fixed TCP mode - NOT "AUTO" - it will green screen cause citter etc etc due to defaulting over time to UDP

Must say DS-2CD3145f-I 4MP is working very well for 82 US.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Hi! NEED a better suggestion (82 US is cheap) Hikvision Nuublet - DS-2CD3145f-I 4

Need help on a widescreen outdoors dome camera sitting under the roof in every corner of the house.
A. What lens should I use? Cameras sit 4 meters above ground with 270 or 180 degree views. One for entrance.
B. Total 8 cameras. One for entrance.
C. Preferably H.265 due to bandwidth
D. Night vision 10m ( I dont care if they are further away )
E. Need to identify faces for a police report - 4MP ok?

Y. Do I need 2 separate gigabit Switches due to bandwidth?
Z. Will run on a PC with Genious or maybe iSPY (Need email alerts mainly, so you are free to give me a software tip here)

Tips for Hikvision DS-2CD3145f-I 4MP
1. Must use Firefox browser - windows 10
2. iSPY tip: config URL/source/... rtsp://admin:1234567a@192.168.1.101/
3. iSPY tip: Must use fixed TCP mode - NOT "AUTO" - it will green screen cause citter etc etc due to defaulting over time to UDP

Must say DS-2CD3145f-I 4MP is working very well for 82 US.
I'd buy these if your not opposed to China multilaguage:

Blue Iris $60 bucks
Blue Iris app$11 bucks
8 port poe switch or two 4's does not matter $80 bucks
cat 5 e UV protected if needed I'd buy 1000 feet or a 1500 ft box $150 bucks and make sure not CCA (copper clad aluminum)
crimper and ends $40 bucks
a line tester $10 bucks(shows you made good crimps and connections (saves a lot of pain and time)
A friend to help $25 bucks beer or use your wife to tell you everything your doing wrong
Run your cable say on ground wiht a 100 ft or whatever and get on a ladder to ensure where you are placing them is correct. If you have the Blue Iris installed and the app you can see from your phone as your doing it. Try some night testing as well jsut for any soffit IR light bounce or interferance.

Id would suggest the 4mm lens should do trick, maybe not perfect for face but, if its a usually suspect cops will figure it out and depends what time of day or extra lighting around. These turrets are the best I have so far @ $68 bucks on the app. I find domes a pain outside but, great inside my house. Turrets easy to aim and very hidden as they look like lights plus, the IR is great(note order in multiples of 2 or they will try and add shipping costs maybe):

Good luck a fun project and very rewarding and again if your not into buying from China direct that's fine too many good local suppliers that can help you out - I am just fruggle.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Multi-language-Full-HD-V5-3-3-1080P-CCTV-Camera-DS-2CD2335-I-With-30m-IR/319147_32464044170.html

Last edited by a moderator:

zarek

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Hi! NEED a better suggestion (82 US is cheap) Hikvision Nuublet - DS-2CD3145f-I 4

Thank you so much! I have managed to solve most! (got all the tools and CAT5e, already have the 16mm pipes indoors for cables so dont need UV)
POE Switch: 99 US - Works awesome.
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/EdFUc1i

So IR is better on turrets (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...464044170.html) than dome cameras?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Arrival-4MP-IP-Dome-Camera-DS-2CD2145F-IS-Update-Version-from-DS-2CD2135F-IS-Audio/319147_32629906259.html