Hi guys really need help find finding the original firmware for this Ctronics camera much appreciated

Matte UK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i was tinkering around looking to see if i could update my firmware for this camera

i used the firmware on the top of this page IPCAM using the web interface, everything went well.

But the problem is i lost my most favorite function, the camera used to act as a security light turning on the LED spotlights when movement is detected. Now you can only manually switch between the IR and the LED

Could someone out there please have the original firmware that came with the camera so i can get this functionality back please i miss it so bad

help very much appreciated

Thanks

All the best

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably won't get much help here with that camera. Have you not tried contacting the manufacturer and see if they have the older FW available?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, you learned a hard lesson we mention around here...a common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the camera is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their camera.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked cameras that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1614546148413.png

Matte UK

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok i am an idiot but lucky it did not brick the camera, Please if anyone comes across this post in the future with the same came save your firmware via the backup and send it to me please

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you contact the manufacturer?

Matte UK

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes but they are Chinese and I'm expecting it's going to take a loooong time for them to get back to me. Ah man it was so perfect because it acted as a security light and a camera so when my 65 year old mum could easily walk up the driveway. i updated the firmware because i was having trouble with the ddns 4G access to the camera was terrible. thought that might improve it, not.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i have a couple of similar cameras as well and i use them as poe powered motion activated light and they are extremely bright!

they are dirt cheap (less than $20) on flea bay and ali express and sometimes it's just easier to buy another one than to go thru all the hassle...