Hi Everyone, newbie here with Dahua queries

marque

n3wb
Reaction score
First of all my apologies for all the newbie questions and confusions.

We have an existing camera system with dahua IP eyeball cameras NT-HDW4421EP-0360B and dahua WiFi cameras: DH-IPC-HFW1320S-W with existing dahua NVR NT-N4104-P all working great for a few years now. We are not using the built-in POE on the NVR but an external POE switch. The camera system is working on 192.168.20.x range.

Recently, we bought more cameras, DH-IPC-HDW4631EMP-0280B 6MP Eyeball and DH-IPC-HFW2831SP-S-0280B-S2 8MP WDR IR and a new NVR DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS2 16 Channel 1U 16PoE.
The new cameras work well with the new NVR including the already existing wifi cameras but I could not get the existing IP eyeball cameras NT-HDW4421EP-0360B to work with the new NVR.

I have reset the new NVR several times and reset the existing eyeball camera.
I have reboot the NVR and cameras several times as well.
I have re-terminate cables. I have changed IP address on the eyeball camera. Tried DHCP or static.
I have tried connecting directly to built-in POE bypassing external poe switch (10.1.1.x range).
Disabled UPnP and P2P. Reset the passwords on NVR and camera.
Unchecked the ARP/Ping option.
But the result is still the same.

The issue is either “Offline” or “Can not find the network host". Logs also show the same error.
Randomly for a brief second, you could see the video working but will then switch back to a blank screen with the errors mentioned.

If I reconnect them back to the old nvr it will work straight away.
Looking to upgrade the firmware but could not find any for the eyeball camera NT-HDW4421EP-0360B.

Is there something I have missed or have to do with integrating the old cameras with the new NVR?
Appreciate anyone's help and guidance. Thanks.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing does come to mind here, Over say the last few years, some dahua cams with re worked or hacked firmware will not work with the newer dahua nvr's. Those older eyeball cams look like they are outdated or no longer can be had unless you live in like in eastern Europe.

marque

n3wb
Reaction score
One thing does come to mind here, Over say the last few years, some dahua cams with re worked or hacked firmware will not work with the newer dahua nvr's. Those older eyeball cams look like they are outdated or no longer can be had unless you live in like in eastern Europe.
Thanks Chris. I was hoping I could do a firmware upgrade but as you have said might have to replace them with a newer model.