Hello from Perth - CCTV and Intercomm Integration Question

Reaction score
Hi there,

Looks like there is alot of IP cam discussions going in this forum and I'd want t to be a part too.

I'll start with a query of mine.

I am planning to put some cctv cameras around my house (its already pre-wired for IP cameras) and put an intercom as well and want to integrate into one solution.

Attach is my high level understanding of this.. any help/suggestion/improvement is really appreicated:

In my simple head (and I am not too technical but understand basic n/w terminology and software), I'd like to have:

1. pair of 5 cctv cameras with POE (prefer Dahua but open to options as long as they are equally good and value for money)
2. a decent Video Intercom with POE
3. NVR with 8 channel to record the above two (6 channel for cctv 1 channel for Intercom i guess) and also once conncected to the router/internet be able to connect to the app on my phone - to view the cctv and intercom footage
4. this is optional.. – Having a IP indoor monitor (the 7inch panel installed in the house to answer any calls/bells) – as long as we have the app in the phone working, this should not be required.. or only needed if budget suffices. But i guess this will also be POE powered..?

attached is the file with the high level integration.

Model in mind is:

DH-IPC-HDW4631EM-0280B for CCTV - these will be installed house outside to cover all areas
DHI-NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2, - NVR (not sure if this would be good enough to capture both CCTV and Intercom - or is there any single NVR that does that?)
Dahua DHI-VTO2202F-P - as intercom video outdoor station
I am not too fused about having an Indoor IP monitor as long i can hear a chime/alarm in the house and notificaiton on phone..

Appreciate all your help

Ash

Attachments

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Decent pricing, another sandgroper here, I would suggest you 'possibly' think about a 16 port NVR, reason? once you start you often find that you want more :) Not able to offermuch help on the dahua as my setup is hikvision stuff. in place for a few years now, otherwise welcome and enjoy

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
another sandgroper here
Lol! I had to look that up.
A person from the state of West Australia - the largest and most important state in Australia. Sandgropers are well-known for being taller, healthier and better-looking than other Australians. Moreover, they are characterized by high intelligence. Sandgroper men tend to be strong and athletic. Sangroper women tend to be strong, athletic and extremely beautiful.