Heads up on the latest Hikvision IP Camera Kits

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wanted to let people know that the new camera kits (the one I got being EKI-K82T46) now comes with cameras (ECI-T44Fx) that have a SD card slot but they don't record video.
There are no settings at all referring to capturing video. Only image capture.
(Obviously you can record to an NVR, but I am talking about video directly to the onboard SD card)

I just installed these 6 cameras in very hard spots to get at, and now I have to go take them all down as onboard storage is required.

**I'll also throw another gripe in while I'm at it...that they removed the 'virtual host' setting in these Value Express NVR's. Nothing like trying to make more money by making your installers lives harder. Brilliant.

unnamed.png

Also, as of today the documentation for the kit is incorrect. It still lists the cameras that came from the previous kit, which did not have a SD card slot at all.

unnamed (1).png

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
"have a SD card slot but they don't record video."
Why would they have an SD card but not be able to record video with the SD card? I think I understand you correctly but am I confused? Did you ask Hikvision technical support? What did they say?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
When you select the storage management tab what comes up? Can you upload a screen shot of that tab? Also when you inserted the micro SD card did you select format assuming the tab is present in the menu??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"have a SD card slot but they don't record video."
Why would they have an SD card but not be able to record video with the SD card? I think I understand you correctly but am I confused? Did you ask Hikvision technical support? What did they say?
I'm going back and fourth with Hikvision support right now (email). They are getting me to remove and replace plugin etc.. But nothing is 'fixing' this so far. I'm pretty sure it's a huge oversight or a new way to limit features in these express line cameras.
I'll upload some comparison images here in 10 min.

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you select the storage management tab what comes up? Can you upload a screen shot of that tab? Also when you inserted the micro SD card did you select format assuming the tab is present in the menu??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*The screen captures from the ECI-T44F2 below is a brand new camera that is not one of the ones I have a SD card in at the moment

**I find it funny the settings I am looking for are on the camera with no SD card slot (ECI-T24F2) and the one that DOES have the slot, doesn't have the settings.

3.png

1.png

2.png

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check your own screenshots.

Event -> Basic Event -> Motion detection -> Linkage method
"Upload to FTP/memory card/NAS" -> enable motion detection, and check this option

That's what you are looking for.

If you do not see the playback button on the web browser or are missing other options; delete Hikvision's plugin, connect again to the camera, and let the camera install the right plugin.

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check your own screenshots.

Event -> Basic Event -> Motion detection -> Linkage method
"Upload to FTP/memory card/NAS" -> enable motion detection, and check this option

That's what you are looking for.

If you do not see the playback button on the web browser or are missing other options; delete Hikvision's plugin, connect again to the camera, and let the camera install the right plugin.
Thanks, but "Upload to FTP/memory card/NAS" is for pictures, not video.
I already cycled the plugin.
Hikvision support has sent this SI up the chain. I'll update with their response once I get one.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
(Obviously you can record to an NVR, but I am talking about video directly to the onboard SD card)
A bit of a long shot, admittedly, but this can give odd and misleading effects ...

Has that 192.168.68.137 IP address for the ECI-T44F2 been used previously for another similar camera?
If so, either assign that camera a previously unused IP address, or clear the browser cache and re-test.
Sometimes when the web structure used by the firmware changes, some cached items from a similar but different device or earlier firmware can mess up the pages.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, but "Upload to FTP/memory card/NAS" is for pictures, not video.
I already cycled the plugin.
Hikvision support has sent this SI up the chain. I'll update with their response once I get one.
It's for linking when there is a motion detection event. So it is for recording video to the SD card when the motion detection activates (which it will not, until you activate it and configure it).
As @alastairstevenson , clear your browser cache.

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's for linking when there is a motion detection event. So it is for recording video to the SD card when the motion detection activates (which it will not, until you activate it and configure it).
As @alastairstevenson , clear your browser cache.
I'm sorry this is wrong. That setting is not for video.
5.png

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A bit of a long shot, admittedly, but this can give odd and misleading effects ...

Has that 192.168.68.137 IP address for the ECI-T44F2 been used previously for another similar camera?
If so, either assign that camera a previously unused IP address, or clear the browser cache and re-test.
Sometimes when the web structure used by the firmware changes, some cached items from a similar but different device or earlier firmware can mess up the pages.
Thank you. No luck.
Keep in mind I had 6 of these cameras on a new network with no other cameras involved getting these issues.

I'm pretty sure Hikvision either;
a: Decided to put a SD card slot on these cameras and made the business decision to include only image capture and not video to limit the express line cameras functionality or;
b: Messed up the first release of the firmware for these units. Which wouldn't surprise me as they don't even have documentation out on them yet.

I will update when I hear back from Hik.
Thanks for your help.

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whatever, it makes the camera record videos on the SD card, but it's not for video.

Oh my gad. As you kindly said earlier....check your own screenshots.

I'm not sure I can explain this to you any other way.

6.png

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He is putting screenshots of the old model vs the new model, which does not have the "trigger recording" part. So maybe the linkage on "motion detecion" for "FTP/memory card/NAS" does nothing.

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wanted to let people know that the new camera kits (the one I got being EKI-K82T46) now comes with cameras (ECI-T44Fx) that have a SD card slot but they don't record video.

I just installed these 6 cameras in very hard spots to get at, and now I have to go take them all down as onboard storage is required.

**I'll also throw another gripe in while I'm at it...that they removed the 'virtual host' setting in these Value Express NVR's. Nothing like trying to make more money by making your installers lives harder. Brilliant.

View attachment 77552

Also, as of today the documentation for the kit is incorrect. It still lists the cameras that came from the previous kit, which did not have a SD card slot at all.

View attachment 77553
How are the quailty of the cameras other then won't record to a sd card i was looking at one of those kits on ebay and just curious how they are