HDMI to BNC to HDMI

Pedro123

n3wb
Reaction score
Those types of cams are pretty much dependent on the app with a phone and they want you to pay for a subscription. :headbang:
You would be amazed at some of the silliness that goes along with no-name cameras.
My present CCTV system is not on all the time, only when we leave house for extended time. If I need to see video history I have to pull out the spare monitor and plug it in to the DVR.

I have asked the Amazon community about accessing the video. If there is no video history access then why use an SD?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If there is no video history access then why use an SD?
If you want "video history" and it's NOT recording to a PC, a DVR/NVR or uploading to a cloud server then the video has to be recorded somewhere, right?
If you don't care about recording and only want to view live then no, no SD card needed.

IMO, a CCTV system or even a single camera that is NOT recording to something either continuously or at least when motion-activated is nothing short of useless.

Pedro123

n3wb
Reaction score

Pedro123

n3wb
Reaction score
I decided to install the Acculenz camera with WIFI to see how it works. It actually does quite well for my simple requirements. The camera is always on but it records to the SD card only when it recognizes an evert - human moving, car moving, etc, no cats. I get alerts when there is a recording happening and can view or not. The SD only uses a small amount of memory per event and when the card is full it will overwrite. I can also download the event video to my email and open with Goggle drive. One downside is I cannot selectively delete events from the SD, I can only re-format the SD to erase everything.

I don't know what advantage I will get connecting it via hard wire to my router, maybe it will be faster.

Thanks all for the help and info.