Having problem getting the time to sync.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I went ahead and setup an NTP server for my NVR and made sure all cameras weren't syncing to anything but the NVR. If I understand your comment you are saying it's best to manually set the time in the NVR, configure DST settings and call it a day?

Don't know why but some of my channels seem to lag a second or two behind others...
In a perfect Dahua World all this time crap would work, Yes uncheck both and let your nvr clock just run by itself, Just as a test for a while and see how it goes. The NVr clocks seem to keep pretty good time. A second or two on the cams could be network lag.
Look at the picture I posted, that is how mine look. all unchecked with default Time Zone.

Last edited:

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In a perfect Dahua World all this time crap would work, Yes uncheck both and let your nvr clock just run by itself, Just as a test for a while and see how it goes. The NVr clocks seem to keep pretty good time. A second or two on the cams could be network lag.
Haha. I guess my only 'issue' was some cameras being slightly off but makes sense that it's just network lag. If the NVR keeps time fairly well by it's self I won't worry about a local NTP server.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a poe nvr. So what you suggest is to let the cameras do the talking and the nvr will sync to them. Thanks for that suggestion but since the other three cameras are perfect, I don't believe the nvr is the problem. Even the problem camera shows the proper time on screen, but playback has become the issue with it being impossible to get proper cursor sync. It's been fine for four years and suddenly over the past few months this one channel has been a problem. Even swapping out to a new but same type of camera didn't help for long. The mini dome once again fogs up inside the dome and now takes more time than it should to display the channel remotely and playback scrub is whacked. I suspected a corrupt hard drive (1 of 2 installed) but now I'm suspecting maybe the poe has weakened. It's the longest run, being 125' or so. Not super long but maybe if I installed a poe extender by the camera it would provide some boost to the power. I don't know, just odd it's only this one channel. Thanks for your suggestion or any further thoughts, I'm outa bullets how to fix it.
Have you tried disconnecting the cable that runs to your problem camera and maybe using a patch cable and your old camera and letting it run on that channel or port and see if you get the same result? If it goes away than you have a cable or power issue.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
That's up next. Biggest problem is immediate access to the location.

Btw, four years ago when I installed the system I found the dahua nvr did not keep time well on its own. It would slowly lose time and within a month or so it was five minutes off. Then I enabled ntp with a 30 minute update and time became perfect, as well as the dst setting. Never a problem. Time evidence is of huge importance. If you don't use ntp, just watch the nvr time along the way and adjust if necessary. I wasn't into that at all, so ntp really did the trick.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
That's up next. Biggest problem is immediate access to the location.

Btw, four years ago when I installed the system I found the dahua nvr did not keep time well on its own. It would slowly lose time and within a month or so it was five minutes off. Then I enabled ntp with a 30 minute update and time became perfect, as well as the dst setting. Never a problem. Time evidence is of huge importance. If you don't use ntp, just watch the nvr time along the way and adjust if necessary. I wasn't into that at all, so ntp really did the trick.
About 4 years ago the firmware was working well, seems the more modern stuff is a little buggy now and yes i do keep up with the clocks manually for now. i have a older tribrid that is rock solid and I NEVEr had any issues like i have now with certain models.

Reaction score
Hi guys, One of the issues i have Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4 NVR SF VERSION V4.1.51_180412 with Dahua DH-IPC-HFW1220SP CAMERAS

The NVR shows right date and time but the camera shows wrong time on the screen. any one have idea....?

Reaction score
I have 64 camera installed using Dahua cameras and Hikvision NVR. These cameras have a time bug. I have tried several timeservers, they stay within a few minutes and the problem is always the same. Never holds the correct time. I have synchronized to pc, set them manually and set up a timeserver in the camera interface. After I log out and recheck it’s incorrect again The camera's time is off by arbitrary values. Like 8 hours wrong. I can turn off the timeserver and synchronize time with the computer.
Has anyone else seen this problem, and does anyone know of a fix?
I have found others complaining of the problem on the internet, but I have yet to see a solution.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NVRs can set time on cameras via ONVIF