Happy ending: Attempted heist of neighbor's trailer

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, Davidson County, where the District Attorney brags about how the number of people incarcerated has dropped since he took office.

And he's quite right. When the DA's office doesn't bother to prosecute people who are arrested for property crime, the incarceration rate does indeed drop. Fortunately, it's an election year. On the other hand, there's no indication that the people running against him will be any better.
I can't help but recall the difference between Dinkins and Giuliani. Going after petty criminals (turnstile jumpers, purse snatchers, etc.) was not a high priority under Dinkins. when Giuliani came onboard, along with advances in computer aided dispatching, he focused on exactly those low-level criminals. And, as it turned out, those guys who during the day jumped turnstiles, were the same guys doing armed robberies, home invasions and murders at night. Getting the punk element incarcerated dramatically dropped the violent crime rate. Who knew. Now they're letting all of those guys go without bail, and surprise, surprise.

It is a shame that the human condition is so short-sighted and forgetful.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
We have the same over here. We had "zero tolerance" for a while apart from ours was watered down so as not to upset anybody. So it really didn't work and then faded away.

Politicians are always the same. Upset the least amount of voters even if they are criminals.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now they're letting all of those guys go without bail, and surprise, surprise.
And the "sophisticated", Phoney-wood elitist types that fabricate white-against-gay-black hate crimes, involving numerous police dept. officers, investigators and staff for hundreds of hours and similar man-hours and expense by the local prosecution attorneys and staff.....they serve 5 days. ALL courtesy of your already over-extended working (and retired) taxpayer.

Had it been me or you, just regular folk, it wouldn't have been a 5 month sentence handed down, more likely it would have been at least a full year AND the whole term would have been served.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a quick update. The sheriff was able to locate both vehicles and drivers. They executed a search warrant on their properties, and found a motherlode of stolen goods. They're both in jail now. Who knows for how long.

Here's a mugshot that the county's chief investigator sent me.

View attachment 122736

Sure hope they stay there...

Aww look what you gone and did ... You made him sad ....

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Aside from wrong turns, the only traffic we see is UPS/FedEx/USPS. It is so sparse, that I installed a driveway alert sensor across the road to alert me anytime someone comes down the street. It never goes off after dark unless it's wildlife... which is what I thought it was tonight.
This is awesome about the driveway sensor across the road. I have one () across my driveway that I have a zwave window/door sensor tied into. When someone pulls into my driveway, it dings the bell and triggers the sensor which I have piped to my home automation (home assistant) which then takes a snapshot of the camera on my front door (which conveniently has my driveway in the background) and texts me that photo. Helps me keep an eye on things when I'm not home and know when things get delivered. The best part is it all happens so fast, I get the benefit of being able to immediately open the live streams on my cameras if it's a car I don't recognize.

My system has a lot of different parts all working together (driveway sensor, camera and home assistant) but if you happen to have something similar it would be easy to set up and you'd be able to know right away if it's a neighbors car or something unfamiliar.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey fellow middle tn here too.
Mug shots and records are all public. There's a little newspaper at the gas stations each week with everyone's mug shots who got arrested haha.