Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That sounds good! There are plenty of knowledge and experience around here so just shoot when you have questions!

Depending on your needs and where the cameras will be mounted I can really recommend the IPC-Color4K-X. It's by far my favourite fixed camera for the moment.

I made a comparison between the 5442R-ASE-NI (5449) in December and the IPC-Color4K-X outperform the 5449 by far.
Yes, it comes at a huger price but what the heck, it's definitely worth it! It's sold by @empireas well.
(5449 is still a really good camera!)

Reaction score
What are the differents between these two cams? I can only find the 8 to 5 MP.
Edit: And the fixed and vario-focal

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The key difference is the sensor / cmos size.
The 5442/9 had the very good 1/1,8" sensor but the IPC-Color4K-X has the new and even bigger 1/1,2" sensor.

Here's the comparison.
(Only used screen recorder when I played back so the picture quality is pretty low but the difference is obvious).
And again, the 5442(9)-series is still a really really good range of cameras!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Don't chase megapixels, chase the sensor size and in the case of the sensor bigger is always better. Remember that sensor sizes are fractions so they are inversely proportional , that is 1/1.2 is bigger than 1/1.8 and way bigger than 1/2.7. Too many people chase megapixels and pay a price when it comes to performance in low light situations. An 8MP camera on a 1/2.8 sensor, for example, will be quite handicapped at night when compared to a 2MP camera on that same 1/2.8 sensor. Each pixel, element, of the sensor in the 8MP will only "see" one fourth the light that the sensor in the 2MP will "see". Simple physics actually.

The dual sensor 4K-X has an advantage because it uses two sensors, one in infrared, and combines the images from the full color sensor and the infrared to produce an image in low/no light situations. It's really an amazing idea and product.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
8MP at 1/1.2 is better than 5MP at 1/1.8 for a short answer. 4MP at 1/1.8 is better than 5MP at 1/1.8. Again, don't fall into the megapixel trap chase the sensor size and do a little math.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
What about taxes?
DHL Express will charge you the tax + around 20€ handling fee when shipped to europe.
(Quote: DHL charges a 2% administration fee for this service, with a minimum of €14.50 (excl. VAT).)

you cannot make customs clearance yourself when dhl express is involved. so handling fee will always charged

ordering via aliexpress is different, if the sender uses IOSS.

Everytime the name of the logistic company is EXPRESS they will charge you tons of fees for everything. Fedex is complete crazy, they charge around 40€ handling minimum
m
The key difference is the sensor / cmos size.
The 5442/9 had the very good 1/1,8" sensor but the IPC-Color4K-X has the new and even bigger 1/1,2" sensor.
ZE model has zoom, so it really depends where you mount it. as an overview camera 4k model should be better than ZE, but everything else?
i would say optical zoom is always better ^^ you cannot compare it .. only on the same focal length, what wildcat did in his review.

ZE vs 4k is a difficult comparison because 4k has no zoom, but more pixel , ...

Last edited: